What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3 220V 3ph with DC motor

I bought a late model Deckel FP3 with active DRO TNC 113 abroad
I fried the DC motordriver trying to get it going on 400volts
It turned out to be a 220volts 3Ph machine:eek:
And that is a major PITA over here
I even sold it before I noticed (just a couple of hours on sale)
So now I have to change it to 400Volts 3Ph
Transformer 220/400 volts is out of the question because I got the full amount for it and then thinks have to be done the right (Deckel)way

First had to have the DC motordriver fixed
The shop who did that told me it had too high voltage and therefore som resisters blew (Very good shop BTW, glad to have that one arround)
Thats when I found out of it beeing a 220volts 3ph machine

The first thing we noticed was the spindlemotor had to be rewired for 400volts That is a 2 speed Dahlander motor so you cannot change it from
Delta to Triangle

The DC driver was fed with 2Ph 220volt between the 2 phases
So we figered out 1 phase 220volt and Neutral would do the trick too
Well that is not the case
I had a DC technician in house for some other stuff today and he told me
the transformer who fed the DC drive had to have 2 phases incoming
(The DC drive being a 4 quadrant and that was needed to stop the feeds within 0,05mm )
So now I have to get a new transformer to :bawling:

Good news for all of you is, I now have a transformer 220volt for the DC driver for sale :drool5:

Peter

Ugh... too bad.

We should have figured a trade since I have a 440v (works fine on 400) FP3 and would love to have it be 220.
Mine has has the DC drive, but it is not active. Not sure if that makes a difference in transformers?

Sean

We should have figured a trade since I have a 440v (works fine on 400) FP3 and would love to have it be 220.
Just for my curiosity, why ?? I have transformers either permanently connected or mobile on wheels, to cover every voltage from 200 to 600 volts and couldn't care less about the voltage of a machine...with one exception... if it's for resale it does help sell if it's 220-240 volts....which it shouldn't, but it does due to newbie (unwarranted) concerns...

For your possible humor..for years I've been running my 380 volt machines via stepping down my incoming 480 volts to 212 volts and then increasing it to 375 volts via 220/380 transformer ! Works fine, but just "seems" sort of "too many steps" I guess.

But I finally stumbled on a nice 480/380 transformer and will use that one soon. (and if you are wondering about the 212 volts...it's a sort of compromise...enough to run 230 volt machines but not too much for the 200 volt CNC's to Japanese standards)

Back