What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3-NC Dialog 3, possibly parting out, retrofit ideas, etc.

Z axis servo drive current requirement for a FP3nc

Hi Ross,

Were you able to look up the current requirement for the
Z axis servo drive on the FP3nc?

Paul

Alex,

Another thing to check is what is called the E-string.

The E stands for emergency stop, you know that big red button
on the control.

The string part of it is all the elements that need an emergency stop,
Like left/right end-of travel switch, Up/down end-of travel switch, in/out
end-of travel switch, over voltage, over current,and any others etc.

These items are all in series with one another in a string. When one of
them faults it shorts the whole string to ground (or a voltage), and
all affected items come to a halt.

You may have a faulted E-string. It can be caused by a stuck micro switch.

You can eliminate the E-string if the Z axis is on the E-string and
the Z axis works properly.

Paul

OK had a look at the FP3NC "Z" axis servo and appears that the max current is 12.5A running at 175v.

On the E-stop thing....if any part of the E-stop string is "tripped" or if the tool change pendant is not connected (its part of the E-stop circuit) the control will not boot.
As to the travel limits, the FPNC's use three limit switches for each direction of each axis...(just to be sure)
for info: the first switch signals to the control that you are approaching the end of the slide, and inhibits the rapid feed rate.
Second switch is the end of the travel. Inhibits the servo drive to that slide,in the tripped direction...prohibits use of the MPG (on any axis) as long as any limit switch is tripped.
If the slide is moved past switch #2 (hand wheel) the slide will finally trigger switch #3...hard electronic limit, and this switch will trigger an E-stop. Only way to clear this is to use the hand wheels and back the slide off the limit....

Note: with any of the E-stop string triggered, the main power should still power up, the display should come on and show the axis positions.
Should display in the lower right a white rectangle showing the black letters "FP 0"...This is how any E-stop will be displayed....
The control (operators station) will not power up, green push button on the left side will not light up, and the fans of the main cabinet will not start.

Cheers Ross

Thanks for all the input on this..... I am still thinking about strategy and, honestly, mostly ignoring it. Another power up and test session is tempting....

David Erickson may be interested in buying it, and stop by to take a look. In the meantime I I'll try to it up again see what it does.

What is the video signal? I doesn't appear to be NTSC Composite...

Thanks,
Alex.

Thanks for all the input on this..... I am still thinking about strategy and, honestly, mostly ignoring it. Another power up and test session is tempting....

David Erickson may be interested in buying it, and stop by to take a look. In the meantime I I'll try to it up again see what it does.

Alex.

Alex,

As I said in a previous reply to this post I am interested in buying
this machine, but you never replied to my reply.

Send me an email: [email protected]

Tell me what $ you want for it, and what comes with it.

Best Regards,

Paul Hoffman

Back