What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3 - Wiring Options - dc drive options

So it has been a bit since I looked at the Deckel but one of my buddies came by the shop yesterday and we tried to get it up and running.

We have a pretty good understanding of what all is going on but it does not seem to be working properly. The buttons for the spindle motor seem to be functioning properly without the motor hooked up but the power feed does not seem to be working.

We started out by using my transformer to power the setup with a 460v input before trying to get it to run on 220v. When the drive is turned turned on, the power feed runs smooth for a second or 2 and then starts pulsing. There does not seem to be any control over the power feed with the control box and only the spindle motor buttons seem to do anything. This "smooth" operating only happens when the drive is turned on and there does not seem to be any control over it.

Alright I will give that a try. It would also seem that the transformer for the DC drive has been replaced with a 460v to 380v only transformer so I would probably need a new transformer for 220v.

Seems promising though if I can get this DC drive to work. Looks like it'll be pretty easy to get the motor hooked up.

I tried switch the motor wires and the tacho wires but that did not seem to fix it.

The blue wire #4 in the bottom left terminal blocks seems like it should be hooked to something but it is not. It was hooked to the 5 wire power cord that it was originally wired to but the blue wire did not go anywhere in the plug it was just a cut end.

Block 1,2,3 and 5 are where the power and ground were hooked to.

Also there is a short loose wire sticking out of the #9 slot of the block that connects the machine to the electrical cabinet.

Not sure if these clues are useful but that’s all I can see on the surface.

What do you mean ?? The link was not valid???
Or were you not able to find anything earlier
If you send me your emaiaddress I can send you a diagram for a fp3 And also a manual
I looked online and could not find it on my own. The link worked and I downloaded the manual. My email is [email protected] if you’d like to send more :). I’ll take any documents I can get for the machine!

Back