What's new
What's new

Deckel FP3a CNC2101 stop on 00 error code

Satanistik

Plastic
Hi, I have problem width CNC2101 controler, after repair 5v and -15V power supply section, all power led's light, on front panel led "?" on and CRT show "00". I found it's supply voltage below 18V. I have schematic but power suply page are missing. Maybe voltage control circuit fault ? On RAM card I have dead battery - data are lost. Are someon have power regulators and supervisor section schematic?

I dont't have lot of time for this project but after some measurements i found 7915 vreg fault, -25v go directly to output. I order new one and try. Still don't have schematic for power suplly section.

I replace 7915 and found broken bc547 transistor shorting and driving relay in emergency stop circuit. Now i can switch on power, "?" Lamp go off and I can switch on colant pump and spindle breaker. Axsis breakers coil are energized but on CRT i have only 00 in bottom line. No reaction to keyboard.
Video:

Last edited:
If the "00" is in the middle of the bottom line,that's not error code,it's mod number,it seems that there is communication problem between nmp51 and npc52,or the nmp51 is fault.

I would be impressed if you could repair this controller.. Do expect all kinds of problems, including broken Eproms ( with the software gone then) I do have several prints for this machine as I repaired one ( replaced the controller with a PLC) but I don't have the Eproms...

IMG_20171214_151951.jpg
Several years ago ,I got a FP3N with a faulty CNC2102. First was the pwoer problem ,i cut off the load of the switch

power which build in the NPC52,and found a power transistor and a main capacitor short circuit.
Other problems:The NPC52 with a burned resistor, some short circuit capacitor and a faulty IC MC6821(which cut off

communication between NPC52 and NMP51).NMP51 with a faulty RAM tmm2016 that made the CPU not work.The NSP53 with a

faulty RAM so the NC code could not edit.
After those i felt the main electrical cabinet was too large for home use ,so i broke it up and draw the schematic,then

trow it away.Instead of ,a plc,some relays,three VFDs and a set of AC servor were used for 1P 220v.
It seems that the eproms are quite stable unless the lable was gone which cause program lost.but it's better to dump

them.

I think that eprom are ok. I dump it and disassembly, code look good. Using logic analyser I check that NMP52 board wait for communication from npc52, checking control register of mc6821 in loop. I found this adres and check in program code.

Npc52 - drive keyboard and respond to simple command ( power on, coolant on, spindle breaker off), communication between axis encoder boards and cpu look ok, mc6821 used to communication between NMP and NPC boards is configured after start ( some value are stored to control registers) but during work this adres range are not used.

Can someone make video showing start of this controller? Led-s and CRT?

I need any prints of this controller- I have one file but its not complete and poor quality, I can read addres line marks. And power supply section, voltage reg are missing.

Last edited:
Ok, i need any EPROM dumps for NPC52, I change CPU, R6522, Ram and all m6821 and its still not work properly.

Today i go to company sold this type of machine width control fault for EPROM dump, i drive 400km ( Its not to long in USA standards but its half of my country), but all NPC52 eprom have fault A0 pin.

20221125_094815.jpg
After lot of work, first succes - i found misconcection on two pin 6522. I replace socket and it's start working.

List of all founded problem:
Broken vreg ic in 5V section, broken power transistor, short cap in -15v and broken 7915, broke ram and cpu on NPC52, broken contact in socket, broken one wire on beyboafd PCB.
If someone need i have all eeprom dump
And I can send it.

View attachment 380429
After lot of work, first succes - i found misconcection on two pin 6522. I replace socket and it's start working.

List of all founded problem:
Broken vreg ic in 5V section, broken power transistor, short cap in -15v and broken 7915, broke ram and cpu on NPC52, broken contact in socket, broken one wire on beyboafd PCB.
If someone need i have all eeprom dump
And I can send it.
You get points for your persistence here
Most would have scrapped that control long ago ,……cudos!
Cheers Ross

Yesterday I try to start control on machine, spindle gearbox start work after some relay clining, but servo work only in one direction. Old thyristor drive fault, I think it's SAA146 IC problem, but it's not avaliable, I found SAA145 and wait for delivery. All linear encoders work properly.

Ok, today machine work but i don't have any idea how to use it. Maybe someone have user manual in English?

I do have the manuals but in German only....But let me know if you are still interested.
Could you check something for me? The manual states that rapids is 1500mm / minute but my machine goes only 750mm/min. I still have 10 volts on the drive. Could you measure on your machine what the maximum voltage is on the drive when he goes 1500mm/min ? Thanks.

My machine have only 500mm/min on knob and 120% max - its 600 mm/min in best way. On fast mode display schow 9999 but it's max displayed value.

I need information about G71 to G85 code parameters description for CNC2102. I have manual to 2101 but it's don't have this function.

Back