What's new
What's new

Deckel FP41NC retro fit with Mach3 need help with electrics.

gombault

Plastic
Hi I am Marcel from South Africa,
I am retrofitting a FP41NC mill with Mach3. I do not have a wiring diagram so I traced the wiring the best I could. I am going to use the UC300 motion controller https://nvcnc.net/pdf/NVCNC_UC300.pdf and DC810V drives http://leadshineusa.com/UploadFile/Down/DCS810V1m.pdf . I already installed encoders on the back of the motors, removed the original Siemens drives and used its heat sinks to make three separate bridge rectifiers for each motor. I would like to use the original spindle gearbox not sure how it works with the resistors slowing the spindle speed down to do a gear change. The UC300 got 9 outputs but the maximum current they can handle is 200 mA so I will use small buddy relays that require only 0.06 mA to pull in the coils and then use its contacts to pull in the main relays. I cannot understand why some of the 24V relays are AC. I will use all 24V DC relays and just use AC on the contractors. Next question, I see there is a relay for lubrication normally it should have a timer what controlled it? I see there is also another oil tank on the top what is that for? as the hydraulic pump got its own tank. On the Siemens drives a single motor wire came out but at the motor there is two + wires, above the Siemens drives there is square boxes when I traced its wires it was also going to the motors, what are they doing? On the relay side of the cabinet on the top there is an entire row of white electrical things what are they doing? I traced the main 3 face it only go thru one contractor before it got to the motor drives.

sounds like large language model AI got to a "cnc retrofit" in its vocabulary and is trying to make sense of 987243 internet forum threads to learn what is what :D
no other explanation comes to mind given the info in OP, or someone asked AI to write a subtle ad for their mach3 adapter boards

Hi I am Marcel from South Africa,
Hi Marcel I am ??? originally from South Africa.

1. Get rid of Mach 3.
2. Get Linux CNC.
3. Go to Linux CNC there are plenty of retrofit guys there. CNC zone and hobby machinist are also good site's for this type of retrofit.

sounds like large language model AI got to a "cnc retrofit" in its vocabulary and is trying to make sense of 987243 internet forum threads to learn what is what :D
no other explanation comes to mind given the info in OP, or someone asked AI to write a subtle ad for their mach3 adapter boards
WEll, if AI went back in time and joined 13 years ago..........

OP: get a wiring diagram. Simply not optional. someone here might have one

WEll, if AI went back in time and joined 13 years ago..........

OP: get a wiring diagram. Simply not optional. someone here might have one
believe it or not, accounts get hijacked and sold, or even the site owner is using them to fake activity

it is just that the whole description makes no sense, talking about how much current relays draw and then "white electrical thingies" in the cabinet, stepper motor drivers and then talking about siemens motors, presumably the ones on the mill, but in that context those drives mentioned earlier don't fit

this wouldn't be the first thread with such nonsensical first post on this site

edit, nvm, those drives looked like the common stepper drives, but these apparently are for DC motors

I am quite fascinated that you are trying to do this without having a wiring diagram for the machine first. It would seem much easier to first get the wiring diagram and then solve all the following puzzles. Might also help in identifying "square boxes", "electrical things" and "white electrical things".
Hi Martin,
The original Heidenhain control relied on so many relays that are now all done in Mach3 the new controllers and software. Just some of them. Z brake, Rapid, Slow, Spindle R, Spindle, L, and another 4 relays not marked, On the right side there is 4 smaller relays, I think they are for the spindle gearbox,with 2 more of the same on the far right, think they might have something to do with the spindle motor when changing gear speed. The square boxes look like transformers I need 80V DC for my system not sure if they play a part in achieving that? A wiring diagram could help but only partly as the new technology is so different, just take the limit and home switching now all done in Mach 3 the software reduce the speed before contact with a single home switch, the old system used 24 wires and 18 limit switches just for home switching. I have one 220v relay not sure what its for? Did the Heidenhain control had a timer in it for the lubrication relay? Any help would be appreciated

Hi Martin,
The original Heidenhain control relied on so many relays that are now all done in Mach3 the new controllers and software. Just some of them. Z brake, Rapid, Slow, Spindle R, Spindle, L, and another 4 relays not marked, On the right side there is 4 smaller relays, I think they are for the spindle gearbox,with 2 more of the same on the far right, think they might have something to do with the spindle motor when changing gear speed. The square boxes look like transformers I need 80V DC for my system not sure if they play a part in achieving that? A wiring diagram could help but only partly as the new technology is so different, just take the limit and home switching now all done in Mach 3 the software reduce the speed before contact with a single home switch, the old system used 24 wires and 18 limit switches just for home switching. I have one 220v relay not sure what its for? Did the Heidenhain control had a timer in it for the lubrication relay? Any help would be appreciated

Back