What's new

Deckel history timeline ?

• Thread starter D. Thomas
  • Start date
  • Replies 2
  • Views 2,085
D

D. Thomas

Anyone know tidbits like what was the last year Deckel made an all manual mill, and which model was it ? Did they stop making all 4 models at once or discontinue one or two at a time ? When exactly was the merger with Maho ? Are there any mills with the moniker Deckel/Maho or just DMG ? If no one here knows, I'll do some digging at DMG, so if you have Deckel history related questions, post them here and I'll ask that too.

I can't answer your question specifically, but when I called Deckel recently (cough, cough) I was under the impression that if you paid enough you could *still* get a manual mill! I've seen a ad photo of a *very* recent machine (more recent than the two motor type).

As for when/what has been made (not the exact question, but still interesting)... I talked with a guy in Australia that had an FP1 with change gears! It was made in the 40's I believe. Then came the lever type (most common). In the 60s they changed to the two wheels and finally to two motors. I don't think they started making the FP2,3,4 until the 1960s. The FP2 originally came out with two knobs which were turned by two additional knobs. This was then changed to an arrangement like the FP1 in which there were just two selector knobs (wheels), and finally one one knob plus an extra motor.

Hope that sheds some light...
Alan

Back