IMG_1435.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 186
  • IMG_1434.jpeg
    IMG_1434.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 173
  • IMG_1433.jpeg
    IMG_1433.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 202
It was an expensive machine when it was new. That was 50+ years ago. Its useful life ended over 30 years ago. It has less usefulness than a manual typewriter in today's world.

It was an expensive machine when it was new. That was 50+ years ago. Its useful life ended over 30 years ago. It has less usefulness than a manual typewriter in today's world.
I'll disagree with this to some extent.

My son types, regularly, on his early 1900's typewriter.

I still use my 1930's Gorton on some jobs where it shines. Is it faster than my Brother? No, but it is faster than me. I would have to model and program said part, and sometimes it is faster and easier to throw it in the pantograph, machine the parts, and be done.

What should I be looking for?
It's a pantograph miller; not a traditional mill like a Bridgeport or the manual Deckel Fp series. Very few people seem to want these now. It's used to duplicate parts.

The smaller Deckel pantographs like the GK21 seem to much more popular than these; they are a lot lighter but they can't do 1 to 1 duplication like the KF1.

Last edited:
The usefulness of this machine IMHO is for a hobbyist who likes doing things the old fashion way. Is it practical, no; is it fun, probably.

jon

If you were literally next door to me i'd be dumb enough to go as high as $300 on the machine.
If the (reverse) type set is complete with all duplicates, some punctuation, and not wallered out too much on any letters, you might get $100 or so on eBay for that depending who is watching. That is not useful for direct engraving, but some people (hobbiests) still make dies on pantos.

smt

Damn, tough crowd. I make money with my Deckel pantograph all the time. I'd love to have this, it's a good deal, wish it was a reasonable drive from washington though...
Would you consider shipping this?

Back