What's new
What's new

Deckel roll engraving attachments GVW GVWU - instructions

I got the manual in a trade something like 5-6 years ago and as luck would have it, I picked up two roll engraving attachments about a year ago for 700$ cad. they look pretty hammered but I was stoked as these things are incredibly rare here. Given that there's not too much info on these online, here's some pictures of mine:

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.47 AM.jpeg
As I got them (before cleaning) - a GVWU (6021) and a GVW 150 (6022). The GVWU has a tilting head (for engraving cones) and is driven by a steel band, the GVW is much heavier and is driven by a gear and rack.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.48 AM.jpeg
Both are very heavily built (as one would expect from Deckel) and the linear motion is with either crossed roller bearings like this or ball bearings in a similar arrangement.

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.39.48 AM(1).jpeg
GVWU partially disassembled

WhatsApp Image 2024-03-27 at 12.38.46 AM.jpeg
I haven't had much time to play around with them yet (busy busy!) but I did manage to engrave a couple random things with the GVWU... it's somewhat tricky to set up. for example, on this part I had to stick out the cutter further than usual cause the Z slide would hit the body casting otherwise.

Thank you for uploading the manual. Have been looking for it for quite some time.
I also have the gvwu attachement, but unfortunately it is missing the chuck. From the pictures it seems you are missing the 'tailstock' ? If you need pictures or dimensions of the tailstock, just let me know.

Yes I am missing the "tailstock", I figure if I ever need it I can probably figure out the dimensions and make it in a few parts, I suppose realistically if I need the support my GVW does have its tailstock and I could just use that instead. thanks for the offer though!

I got the manual in a trade something like 5-6 years ago and as luck would have it, I picked up two roll engraving attachments about a year ago for 700$ cad. they look pretty hammered but I was stoked as these things are incredibly rare here. Given that there's not too much info on these online, here's some pictures of mine:

View attachment 434279
As I got them (before cleaning) - a GVWU (6021) and a GVW 150 (6022). The GVWU has a tilting head (for engraving cones) and is driven by a steel band, the GVW is much heavier and is driven by a gear and rack.

View attachment 434281
Both are very heavily built (as one would expect from Deckel) and the linear motion is with either crossed roller bearings like this or ball bearings in a similar arrangement.

View attachment 434282
GVWU partially disassembled

View attachment 434283
I haven't had much time to play around with them yet (busy busy!) but I did manage to engrave a couple random things with the GVWU... it's somewhat tricky to set up. for example, on this part I had to stick out the cutter further than usual cause the Z slide would hit the body casting otherwise.
Care to sell one?????😁

Back