What's new
What's new

Deckels at auction today in Germany

Don't see anything wrong with that...Every garage/workshop/school/industry can use manual deckels upon arrival in their place with minimum costs, whereas those bulky green beasts need trainning, correct installation and every little capacitor:bowdown: working in good order to make some dollars.If you exclude production usage(which company can rely on a 35 year old CNC machine for production?), exclude schools(whose buy new machines because of state funding), we only got left small production jobshops and prototyping workshops .These both would prefer to test and buy a reliable machine from a trusted seller rather than an auction...

For me, it largely depends on condition, no problem paying 5-8k for an almost new FP3/4/5 NC/CC.
But you have to be quite lucky, to find a machine in that condition nowadays.
Those for sale are mostly the worn ones, high hours, used for production, rusted/seized ways with rancid coolant...
Not much fun, if you paid big money for one of those and realize upon close inspection in your shed, that it's basically scrap.

That FP3CC is quite cheap for now, but also looks quite used/rusted
Manual FP3, also looks a bit used, with much higher price:

If I had a manual one, it would immediately sell it for these prices, having no electronic handwheel sucks.
Also no fun, if you have to mill circles on rotary table instead of simple G2/3.
Or go drink a coffee, while your machine is running loops, milling a complex pocket into depth.

And a few images I've seen so far, how some well used/neglected machines look, upon close inspection.

Attachments

• maho900.jpg
    maho900.jpg
    919.1 KB · Views: 25
  • maho.JPEG
    maho.JPEG
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 24
  • fp2nc.jpeg
    fp2nc.jpeg
    206.2 KB · Views: 32
  • maho900-2.jpg
    maho900-2.jpg
    923.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
I am morbidly fascinated by the fact that we as a society are now in a situation where "the worker" can own the "means of production" for less then his usual toys like mopeds or jetskis. What would Karl Marx say to a society where at least formerly significant production means are now easily ownable by almost anybody, but nobody cares. Karl needs to do some updating re-writes.

This machine seems very nice, it basically needs a battery replacement and parameters loaded. Seller says he had the issue before and it cost him 1600€. Now he is tired of it and just wants to get it out of his shop. It breaks my heart.

The worker owning the means of production was quite normal before the industrial revolution...cloth weavers,dyers ,tailors,blacksmiths ,cutlers,wood workers..........etc......Forced out of business by the rise of production machines that could produce millions of items at cheap prices,and then forced to provide the labour to run the machines in the capitalists factories by "Poor Laws" that locked up the unemployed in massive prisons called 'workhouses'

Back