What's new
What's new

Determining Proper Coolant Level in Haas 2006 Mini Mill

JasHarvey

Plastic
Folks, I've been trying to figure out how to know when my Haas 2006 coolant tank is full. I've searched the internets but only find information on how to clean the tank, adjust coolant concentrations and so on. You'd think something this simple would be on page one but I can't find it. So anybody out there that knows the answer and could share it with me would be greatly appreciated.

Folks, I've been trying to figure out how to know when my Haas 2006 coolant tank is full. I've searched the internets but only find information on how to clean the tank, adjust coolant concentrations and so on. You'd think something this simple would be on page one but I can't find it. So anybody out there that knows the answer and could share it with me would be greatly appreciated.

OK, I did some poking around and on the PARAM/DGNOS screen I came across a Coolant Level number. Following "Coolant Level" is the number 128. I'm not sure what that number means though. I added a gallon of water to the machine and the number did not change so your guess is still as good as mine. If anyone knows what that number means in regards to coolant level, I'm all ears.

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that number references a sensor that neither of our machines have. I keep it about an inch below the cutouts in the side of the tank. That ends up being a little under the 25 gallons Haas claims it holds.

Thanks Marccongdon. One inch below the cutouts sounds reasonable. I just went out and looked at my machine and the coolant level right now is about three inches below the cutouts. I played it safe when filling the tank since I had no idea how much coolant to put in it. I'll definitely add more now.

Back