What's new
What's new

diacro 24 inch finger brake

trutospec

Plastic
New to site with hat in hand ! I have been directed here on many of my google search"s and have been vary thankful for the knowledge from experienced members on the site ! And for that i must say thank you ! first and foremost

I have so far amassed 11 diacro machines 4 factory stands in my quest for quality american made equipment that does not require a cord !
My latest acquisition is the forementioned 24 inch finger brake and you guessed it no fingers, i plan to make a go at making some as many have .
i have read every thread i found and gathered some tips on the subject however i was hoping someone who made there own may have some drawings or a template of sort that would be a big help or a finger n clamp if available ? any help would be appreciated
with that said i will list my units should any members need a photo or some info i may reciprocate the favor to the community thx in advance
my apologies if i missed a thread with said info plz point me to it if so as i read what i found

DIACRO
16 X 24 PRESS BRAKE
24 INCH SHEAR WITH STAND
6 INCH SHEAR
24 INCH BRAKE WITH STAND
24 INCH FINGER BRAKE (MINIS FINGERS TO DATE )
6 INCH BRAKE
3 NUMBER 1 PUNCH MACHINES WITH STAND
CORNER NOTCHER WITH STAND
MODEL 3 BENDER

I have made fingers from 1044 before, forge and grinder. They lasted years, I know the brake was sold at auction a few years ago in working condition. Honestly have no idea the brand, I just copied a sad one they brought in.
I would do it differently now, forge then mill out nicer seats and radiuses on the nose.

Having one, no matter how poor the condition makes a big difference.

I made my own from 4140 ph
Not hard
Have made a few from plain 1018 too for special purpose stuff
Holds up good enough for light work

buy one new finger from diacro and you are set
  • Zero radius fingers:
    • 3/4” – $110.00
    • 1” – $120.00
    • 1-1/4” – $130.00
    • 3” – $210.00
    • 6” – $270.00
I got my di-acro Spartan Model 24 box and pan brake about thirty years ago and it was missing four fingers. I think I recall that I was told they had two different models of brake and I had to sort out which style fingers I had in order to order a replacement. I bought a new 6" finger and made new 3/4 and 1" fingers and clamps. I made the fingers from O1 and the clamps from angle iron.

Larry

DSC03073 small.JPG
DSC03074 small.JPG
DSC03075 small.JPG
DSC03076 small.JPG

buy one new finger from diacro and you are set

• Zero radius fingers:
    • 3/4” – $110.00
    • 1” – $120.00
    • 1-1/4” – $130.00
    • 3” – $210.00
    • 6” – $270.00

Call Di-acro and ask for a dimensioned drawing....

10 years ago a customer asked about several missing fingers from their 24" Di-acro brake. I said they're not easy to make, it could be a few hundred dollars.........."F THAT" was the response, and I thought "F YOU" a the same time.

Put it on a flatbed scanner with the ruler face down. He can trace it in CAD to surprisingly high accuracy.

The "not-a-pair" that came with this used-to-be near junk - and the adjustable "stop blade" I made to keep insufficintly clamped tough stuff from sliding to rear when doing tight radii

Attachments

• Dcp_0724.jpg
    Dcp_0724.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Dcp_0726.jpg
    Dcp_0726.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 21
I'd imagine it'd help the OP immensely if you lined up the end of the scale with either the end of the finger, or the end of your tracing.
All one needs to do is print the picture and use a fine-point divider to transfer desired features from inside the ink outline to the scale. Should get you within a 32nd or so. If matching to OEM dimensions is required, then you need at least one OEM finger to copy or accurate dimensions from the factory or someone who wants to take the time to do a drawing.

Larry

Thank you all for your input and the print is awesome.
Taking time to help another …..
May good karma find you !
Proud to be a new member

I got my di-acro Spartan Model 24 box and pan brake about thirty years ago and it was missing four fingers. I think I recall that I was told they had two different models of brake and I had to sort out which style fingers I had in order to order a replacement. I bought a new 6" finger and made new 3/4 and 1" fingers and clamps. I made the fingers from O1 and the clamps from angle iron.

Larry

View attachment 375898
View attachment 375899
View attachment 375900
View attachment 375901
Thx For your time. !!

Back