What's new
What's new

diagnosing "X Axis instant overcurrent alarm" (Hitachi Seiki VMC)

So I'm still chasing this problem. I found on ebay a used drive but the p/n is slightly different. It's an ADU 20F 1X D (1991 date), whereas mine is ADU 20F 1X E (1993 date). Would the earlier version likely work? Physically they look the same. My other option is to send mine for rebuild but I can't take the machine out of service for two weeks at the moment.

E Rev. Drive

I have a used Rev. E drive available if you're interested. PM me if you need info/pics

So I'm still chasing this problem. I found on ebay a used drive but the p/n is slightly different. It's an ADU 20F 1X D (1991 date), whereas mine is ADU 20F 1X E (1993 date). Would the earlier version likely work? Physically they look the same. My other option is to send mine for rebuild but I can't take the machine out of service for two weeks at the moment.

Hi there,

so have you solved the problem? Mine (VK-45-2) has the same issue, but along with "Servo alarm", it also says "NC alarm".

I found a used drive on ebay and that fixed the problem. I would try to find a local repair facility that can look at yours.

Back