What's new
What's new

Dialog 11 SW 7.07 EPROMs

Martin P

Titanium
I have finally figured out (I think) on how to upload the EPROM data for anyone to see.
This is for an FP4AT, meaning the 2 SPS Eproms are different from other machines, but are still 7.05. There was no 7.07 for the SPS.
FP5CC seems to have the same SW.
Only for info: Dialog 12 had a different SW starting with 8.xx
If this works for someone, please let me know as I only read them out, but did not burn any (I found a cheap set on EBay).

Isn't it about time to gather the knowledge of the internet community and set up a data platform for the Grundig Dialog 11?
In Austria there is a fantastic forum for MAHO machines with Phillips controls. http://www.maho24.at/
There you can download all software, parameters, circuit diagrams etc. as a member.
There are even projects such as the new edition of entire control cards.
Unfortunately I don't have the skills to create such a forum on the internet.
But I think there must be someone out there who could actually make that happen.
It would put an end to the guesswork and outrageously overpriced repair costs for the Dialog 11.

btw is known what difference is between the 7.xxx software compared to 4.xxx?

I am sort of planning to re-do my old website, but probably starting with the D11 stuff, since this is what I am messing with currently.
But being retired I have very little time.
Also I learned that while everybody wants something, almost no-one is willing to productively participate. This goes so far as people begging me to get them stuff, but flatly refusing to reciprocate with even a single photocopy of anything that they have. I've had this happen a lot lot lot.
So such site for D11 would be me lecturing my half-knowledge, no-one helping and all the "professional" scammers being silent and hating me for helping people help themselves.
Actually the latter maybe a good reason to do it.

Hello Martin,
yes I know exactly what you are talking about.
I competed in national championships in Germany in the 90s with an Aprilia RSW125. The handling and tuning of the rotary valve engines was also a closely guarded secret.
There, too, the riddle had to be put together through meticulous detail work. Nobody gave you any data and there was a lot of expensive junk that could have been avoided with a little more knowledge.

I am currently looking for a fault in a defective D11 card.
There is no need because I have the card multiple times. Nevertheless, I'm interested and that's why I'm trying to decode the card little by little and hopefully be able to repair it soon.

As part of the troubleshooting, I also make a circuit diagram with KiCad.... Weeks, days, hours. I'm not an electronics engineer by training - so I'm fumbling my way into measurement technology bit by bit and learning to use the oscilloscope at the same time. When you've done something like that, it's logical that you don't want to simply give away your knowledge. That's what makes it so difficult.

I think that on the German site "Zerspanerbude" you also are with the "FIXGRA Checksum"
topic active.

Basically, you want to help wherever you can. That's why I find your advance with the EPROM 7.07 software so remarkable.

Maybe we should at least dare an exchange.

This is my D11 test stand. The connoisseur will quickly see that some hurdles that have been discussed in the forum for ages have long since been solved.

D11 Teststand.jpg

Hey, we are not so far apart, I am near Koblenz.

I also have some spare controls, since they have gotten so cheap if one looks around some.
So I have the same test stand.

Which card do you need data for? I may have surprises.

I have to correct myself for the SW 7.07.

There was indeed another manual for the later SW levels. It is called "Nachrüstsatz" (retrofit kit).
The book has no date on it.

It covers a bunch of SW improvements and add-ons.
I like the new ability to read D3 and D4 programs and I really like the automatic probing function with the wireless Heidenhain probe sitting in the tool changer and automatically sending data to the control to adjust the program.
Plus lots more smaller things.

Yes I wanted to help the guy on the German forum. It is hard to watch when the pros screw people over.

Hey, we are not so far apart, I am near Koblenz.

I also have some spare controls, since they have gotten so cheap if one looks around some.
So I have the same test stand.

Which card do you need data for? I may have surprises.

I have to correct myself for the SW 7.07.

There was indeed another manual for the later SW levels. It is called "Nachrüstsatz" (retrofit kit).
The book has no date on it.

It covers a bunch of SW improvements and add-ons.
I like the new ability to read D3 and D4 programs and I really like the automatic probing function with the wireless Heidenhain probe sitting in the tool changer and automatically sending data to the control to adjust the program.
Plus lots more smaller things.

Yes I wanted to help the guy on the German forum. It is hard to watch when the pros screw people over.
Hi Martin,
i have sent you a personal message.
Have a nice weekend and lots of fun with your old/new toolchanger 👍
Cheers, Oliver

Back