What's new
What's new

Disabled Canned Cycle on Fanuc OT Machine

Alir3za

Plastic
Guys I have a Fanuc OT Machine which is turned on after a few years.
Seems like cycles are somehow disabled (if it's possible?) cuz when I'm trying to start a program with cycles like G71, G72 ... I got "010 p/s alarm" right after program reaches to G71 part.
Looked up for this alarm and says "An unusable G code or G code corresponding to the function not pro-vided is specified. Modify the program".
But I'm pretty sure I used all of these cycles on this machine. Any ideas?

The G70 range of canned cycles were optional from Fanuc. Most machine builders include them in their standard specifications. If they no longer work, but once did, then somewhere along the way one of your 900 range parameters got changed.

The G70 range of canned cycles were optional from Fanuc. Most machine builders include them in their standard specifications. If they no longer work, but once did, then somewhere along the way one of your 900 range parameters got changed.
Thanks for the reply.
Don't have any backup to look. Is there any manual to see what are these 900 rang parameters doing?

Thanks for the reply.
Don't have any backup to look. Is there any manual to see what are these 900 rang parameters doing?
Why don't you have a backup? The parameter memory is battery backed up. When the battery gets low the memory can become corrupted. Without a backup to restore the parameters and other control data you may never get the machine operating properly ever.

Since the 900 range parameters set the options and configuration of the control they are not officially published. Some time spent Googling may uncover a list though.

Why don't you have a backup? The parameter memory is battery backed up. When the battery gets low the memory can become corrupted. Without a backup to restore the parameters and other control data you may never get the machine operating properly ever.

Since the 900 range parameters set the options and configuration of the control they are not officially published. Some time spent Googling may uncover a list though.
I found a OT fanuc and copied 900 range parameters to my own machine and still can't use cycles and get the same error.

Back