What's new
What's new

DMG Mori NZX2000 probing question

shovelhead88

Plastic
Hey all, I got what I feel might be a tricky one. Ill start by saying Im new to DMG and this machine does have a Fanac base control. Were getting ready to make some parts that will have a larger flat on them. We will have to put them back into the machine as we can not finish them complete in the machine due to some other processes. My question is how can I go about probing the flat and having that clock the C axis to zero or set a zero offset so we dont have to indicate all of them back in. Also I need to say, this machine does have a Marposs probing system which I am also not up to speed on yet. Any info or help would be great. Thanks!

Hey all, I got what I feel might be a tricky one. Ill start by saying Im new to DMG and this machine does have a Fanac base control. Were getting ready to make some parts that will have a larger flat on them. We will have to put them back into the machine as we can not finish them complete in the machine due to some other processes. My question is how can I go about probing the flat and having that clock the C axis to zero or set a zero offset so we dont have to indicate all of them back in. Also I need to say, this machine does have a Marposs probing system which I am also not up to speed on yet. Any info or help would be great. Thanks!
I am not sure I understand your task. Do you want to reorient the C axis once the part was returned to the machine ? Is the "flat" on part's circumference ? Do you want to position it parallel to X axis ? How far away from desired C position is the part after reclamping in the machine ? Is the "flat" in front of the probe tip, or is its position random ?

Stefan
Cogito Ergo Sum

Last edited:

Back