What's new
What's new

DMU50 Jog Issue

My companies DMU50 will not handle Jog, it seems locked out. I am new to the machine and have not figured out all the quirks. The program finished last night, I reset the program, placed it in jog, pressed the door interlock open button and when I go to press the axis I want to move, it gives me an error sound. Any thoughts?

My companies DMU50 will not handle Jog, it seems locked out. I am new to the machine and have not figured out all the quirks. The program finished last night, I reset the program, placed it in jog, pressed the door interlock open button and when I go to press the axis I want to move, it gives me an error sound. Any thoughts?

Not sure what year or control you're working with but I believe there's a secondary interlock you have to hold down when attempting to jog with the door open. Close the door and see if you can jog freely

Is it an error sound without an error message? Give us the error message. Also the controller and version.

Are you in setup mode? If you're not in setup mode, it will not let you jog with the door open. I don't recall if it gives an alarm in that situation.
The other possibility is that you don't know about the safety toggle switch to jog while the door is open.
Are you using the pendant, or the buttons on the control?

Attachments

• IMG_20220111_151853165.jpg
    IMG_20220111_151853165.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 14

Back