What's new
What's new

DMU50V Millplus tool change error B axis in over travel

markp

Hot Rolled
I was running my DMU50V this am (and talking to someone at the same time) and forgot to turn the setup switch off. At the 1st tool change the machine stopped as is normal halfway through a tool change. I switched the bottom switch in the back to ON then stepped the spindle out of the tool changer area. Then went to reset axis and tried to do a reset, Unfortunately, I forgot that you have to manually remove the tool from the spindle before you do this! For some reason, this caused the B axis to rotate the wrong direction. Now its at the limit switch and I can't get the servos to engage to move it off the limit. Trying to see if there any way to do this without taking the covers off the C B axis and manually moving the motor off the limit.

I guessed that the top momentary switch (in the bank if 3) released the axis and allowed starting the servos so you can move off the limit switch. That did it. Once off the limit I could home. You can't remove the tool manually unless you do it at the initial recovery. You have to do a M6 T0 command and it puts it back where it was.

Back