What's new
What's new

DN Solutions vs Leadwell vs Takisawa vs DMG Mori

Very nice! Good choice.
As far as the Fanuc HMI goes, if you press the "S2" button you can bail out of the HMi and go straight into traditional "Fanuc-land."
I'm not much on the new interface, but a minor point. You made a great choice.

Very nice! Good choice.
As far as the Fanuc HMI goes, if you press the "S2" button you can bail out of the HMi and go straight into traditional "Fanuc-land."
I'm not much on the new interface, but a minor point. You made a great choice.

Does the Fanuc side have the better library as well?

That is a nicety. Not sure it is a "big" deal, but nice ....

I have learned just to put my customers in number groupings.
1000, 10001, 1002 etc is Customer A
1500, 1501, 1502, etc in Customer B
etc...

Not real bad, but a nicer library shouldn't hurt anything either....

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Why would you want the chip conveyor on with the door open?
Hopefully a fairly easy override. I’ve had occasions where stringy chips needed help getting started into the conveyor. Would be kind of a PITA if one had to push them down then close the door, turn on the conveyor to see if they get pulled in and go through the motions again if they didn’t.

Six of one, half dozen the other....

On occassion, Biker's scenerio is Shirley valid, on the other hand, when the door is open (and not running parts obviously) then the conveyor is carrying off coolant either.

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Yeah, the Fanuc side is where the folders are. So you can name your program whatever you want to and still add a description to it like you used to (). The S2 button is a go to for switching back as @DouglasJRizzo pointed out. I will play with that section when I get some time. Seems interesting but I still feel safe in my position check screen even though it is laid out a bit differently.

I just loosened the key from the door and put it in the lock permanently. Helps for setups and for everything not turning off when the door is open.
I got it up and running today on a part. I am not pushing the 25mm drill hard but it is chugging along nicely at just over 20% spindle load.

Does the Fanuc side have the better library as well?

That is a nicety. Not sure it is a "big" deal, but nice ....

I have learned just to put my customers in number groupings.
1000, 10001, 1002 etc is Customer A
1500, 1501, 1502, etc in Customer B
etc...

Not real bad, but a nicer library shouldn't hurt anything either....

----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
You can create your own folders in either the HMi or in traditional Fanuc. You can also add comments to the "O" numbers using parenthesis.

Reactions: Ox
Ran into a small problem. I downloaded sketch turn for the machine but when installed it is in Korean. @DouglasJRizzo. Any idea to navigate in it to change it to English?
We do not support Sketch Turn here in the US. We have seen it in company wide brochures but from a US standpoint, we do not even have access to it. It might be supported overseas and in that case you would need to contact your reseller.

Back