What's new
What's new

Do any of our Ukrainian friends need a sponsor for a work visa?

Parkerbender

Stainless
Hi,
Mods, if there is a better place for this post to be, please move it!

Anyway, in light of things going on in the world, I would like to offer a sponsorship to someone if they are wanting to come to the US and work. The company my mother works for sponsors quite a few people who work for them, and it has been a great program for them so I thought it would be a good idea for my company to do as well. If you or someone you know is needing to leave the Ukraine, and needs a sponsor for a work visa to come here please send me a private message here on practical machinist, or send me an email at [email protected].

I would be able to house a single person couple or small family for a short time while you found a place to live and got a few paychecks, and I would be able to provide transportation and food for a short while also, until you got some paychecks and could afford those on your own.

We pay a good living wage, and work 8 hour days, get personal time off and in general I feel would be a good job for someone if they need it. Please contact me if I can help, I do not have an opportunity for many people, but if there is a group, please still contact me, as I know many other businesses in my town, and could probably work with them so multiple friends, or a large family could all move to the same town.

Thank you,
-Parker

Do a lot of Ukranians speak English or do you have a translator? When I worked for others I hired quite a few people who spoke little to no English, but there was always a translator handy. I hate to admit being racist, but I preferred foreign born or the children of foreign born people for entry level or lower skilled jobs over our typical domestic youth. Most of these people seemed to instill good work and study habits in there kids. If there was an opening for an entry level position I would always go ask the guys from south of the border or the Asians if they knew any young person who needed a job.

I worked for a place that needed a lot of help quick because they relocated a couple departments and most guys didn't
want to move. We ended up with a bunch of guys from the UK, one guy came and many more followed. The company paid the cost to relocate and a fat bonus if they worked out. Great bunch of guys once you understood their slang and sense of humor.

I would like to be the party pooper with this one. Do we have 100% employment for Americans in every field ? The purpose of work visas is not to employ cheap labor from the poor countries, it is to stimulate the US economy by ensuring companies aren't struggling to find the qualified workers.

Good deeds

I understand both your positions on this subject.
But beyond that I think that being willing to help folks just like you and I is admirable.
I will say back in the '80s we were installing glass tempering furnaces all over the world and got to see many different cultures and their work ethic.
One plant in California comes to mind, they made those big glass doors for banks and large office buildings. The owner employed ~75% Mexicans (legally), he had an old school bus and would pick them up every day. They were one of the most caring and skilled bunch of guys I have seen working to date.
I don't believe he was taking jobs from anyone, granted the situation was a bit different. He hired what he needed to produce a quality product and make a profit, plain and simple. These guys showed up every day and did a job that required skill and care. They were paid well and had a loyalty that you don't see often in our people (especially younger guys) in their postions they held.

this may not be a popular opinion, but still:

they shouldn't need help leaving their country and settling somewhere else, they need help holding on to their own land and build their future there while being respectful to their neighbors WITHOUT being pushed into perpetual debt in the meantime

if you pull and hold on to the capable ones from that nation, you basically deprive their land of talent and leave the country open to "false prophets" exploiting the ones who couldn't or wouldn't leave

Hi Crickets. Yes. We do effectively have 100% employment in relevant fields. I have been trying to hire a qualified worker for months. Also, even my floor sweeper/saw cutter makes more than the state and city average, with 401k, with health vision and dental, with paid time off. It's cute that you feel you can dictate what government programs are about but obviously have no experience with them. If you are an American that cannot find a job right now in manufacturing, you don't want or deserve one. Some of these other people might need help and be willing to work for it.

You may check out https://www.justice.gov/crt/page/file/1132626/download for more education...

so would a uke get a working permit/visa if you promisse to give him a job?

That is correct. It is difficult to immigrate or even be granted asylum here, but if an employer offers a job to that same person, then they will be (with some paperwork involved) given a visa to come over and work, and after five years they can even apply for citizenship if that is their wish. That would be great if that happened, but I just wanted to offer an opportunity if someone wanted to leave the situation over there, as without a company to sponsor a person it is far more difficult to move to the US whether it is just temporary or long term.

Hi,
Mods, if there is a better place for this post to be, please move it!

Anyway, in light of things going on in the world, I would like to offer a sponsorship to someone if they are wanting to come to the US and work. The company my mother works for sponsors quite a few people who work for them, and it has been a great program for them so I thought it would be a good idea for my company to do as well. If you or someone you know is needing to leave the Ukraine, and needs a sponsor for a work visa to come here please send me a private message here on practical machinist, or send me an email at [email protected].

I would be able to house a single person couple or small family for a short time while you found a place to live and got a few paychecks, and I would be able to provide transportation and food for a short while also, until you got some paychecks and could afford those on your own.

We pay a good living wage, and work 8 hour days, get personal time off and in general I feel would be a good job for someone if they need it. Please contact me if I can help, I do not have an opportunity for many people, but if there is a group, please still contact me, as I know many other businesses in my town, and could probably work with them so multiple friends, or a large family could all move to the same town.

Thank you,
-Parker

thank you for your offer, according to Jen psaki, the US is opening borders to ukrainian refugees.

Do a lot of Ukranians speak English or do you have a translator? When I worked for others I hired quite a few people who spoke little to no English, but there was always a translator handy. I hate to admit being racist, but I preferred foreign born or the children of foreign born people for entry level or lower skilled jobs over our typical domestic youth. Most of these people seemed to instill good work and study habits in there kids. If there was an opening for an entry level position I would always go ask the guys from south of the border or the Asians if they knew any young person who needed a job.

I worked for a place that needed a lot of help quick because they relocated a couple departments and most guys didn't
want to move. We ended up with a bunch of guys from the UK, one guy came and many more followed. The company paid the cost to relocate and a fat bonus if they worked out. Great bunch of guys once you understood their slang and sense of humor.

a LOT do, not everyone, but many.

you have to think about the big picture, people in countries like ukraine have NO opportunities! that is the #1 thing we/they want. we arent afraid of tough honest work. just dont have it back home, something most americans literally cannot comprehend.

this may not be a popular opinion, but still:

they shouldn't need help leaving their country and settling somewhere else, they need help holding on to their own land and build their future there while being respectful to their neighbors WITHOUT being pushed into perpetual debt in the meantime

if you pull and hold on to the capable ones from that nation, you basically deprive their land of talent and leave the country open to "false prophets" exploiting the ones who couldn't or wouldn't leave

only ones leaving are women, children and men over 60 years old. men 18-60 are not allowed through the borders, and most dont want to leave. they are fighting tooth and nail for their homes.

That is correct. It is difficult to immigrate or even be granted asylum here, but if an employer offers a job to that same person, then they will be (with some paperwork involved) given a visa to come over and work, and after five years they can even apply for citizenship if that is their wish. That would be great if that happened, but I just wanted to offer an opportunity if someone wanted to leave the situation over there, as without a company to sponsor a person it is far more difficult to move to the US whether it is just temporary or long term.

US borders were opened yesterday to ukrainian refugees
White House: U.S. prepared to accept Ukrainian refugees fleeing invasion | The Week

It's cute that you feel you can dictate what government programs are about but obviously have no experience with them.

That's nonsense right there. I am not dictating anything, I am reminding everyone. I am reminding that work visa programs are not intended as a way to get cheap workers, or to serve humanitarian purposes like you're portraying. Work visa programs are intended to help our economy.

I am glad you have a full house. Show where your open position is advertised (as required by immigration law) so people here can pass it around to the Americans they know before you try to bring more foreigners in.

P.S. The lead time is probably such that the conflict will be ten times over before a qualified person boards the plane. But let's not have that stop you.

How about an offer like that to any Russian active duty military deserter who is currently deployed anywhere in the world. I bet a lot of the their soldiers in the Ukraine would jump at the chance. We would have to not tell Russia they came over. They would just have to assume a lot of MIA's this time around.
Bill D.

how well would that realy work, how long would the administrative procedures take? how soon could a person start on his job?

in my country we are very "liberal" as to refugees (and historically always have been) but in what happens in reality is not so liberal at all. refugees are waiting for years for their cases being heard and are not allowed to work during that time. many beak down mentally.

That's not being racist! It's more like being embarassed of your countries youth (most with their thumbs up their ass)

This! They don’t know how to wear pants or hats, you going to trust them running a machine? They’d probably try and sweep the floor with the broom upside down if Instagram told them it was cool( can things still be cool these days?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

how well would that realy work, how long would the administrative procedures take? how soon could a person start on his job?

in my country we are very "liberal" as to refugees (and historically always have been) but in what happens in reality is not so liberal at all. refugees are waiting for years for their cases being heard and are not allowed to work during that time. many beak down mentally.

For H1B processing times vary depending on location (there are several USCIS offices processing such applications), and currently are 2-4 months on average. California processing center is 6.5 to 8.5 months, for example.

If I was single I would contract marry that Ukrainian female reservist whose picture was posted a week ago.
Reminds me of the old joke, Russian farm girl looking for boyfriend, object marriage, photo with tractor, tractor on right.
Bill D

Attachments

• ukranian girl.jpg
    ukranian girl.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 117
If I was single I would contract marry that Ukrainian female reservist whose picture was posted a week ago.
Reminds me of the old joke, Russian farm girl looking for boyfriend, object marriage, photo with tractor, tractor on right.
Bill D

If you were single, you'd... be single and homeless. First you'd marry a Ukrainian woman, then she'd strip you of your stuff, and then...

Friend of mine made that mistake... twice :D

Back