What's new
What's new

Do any of our Ukrainian friends need a sponsor for a work visa?

Years ago saw a tv show where a guy married a russian or maybe ukrainian woman and let her brother live with them. They ended up killing the American turns out the brother was really her boyfriend.
Bill D

ParkerBender, that is a good offer. The refugee situation is under control, most EU countries are stepping up to the plate (it seems like my country, Sweden, isn't aming them... Yet). Poland, Romania, and Hungary are already on the ball, they even allow pets in without papers. (In Poland, the government is footing the bill vor veterinary checks and vaccinations!).

From what I can gather, Ukraine needs money, medical supplies and weapons, first and foremost anti-tank and anti-air missiles (Sweden released 5000 single use anti tank weapons during the weekend).
There are numerous charities set up already, that you can donate money to, or help in other ways.
I know that at least some members here like t-shirts... Funker 530 has one, with a translation of the message the Snake Islnad defender sent the Russians, when they demanded capitulation... Proceeds from that one is donated to Ukraine.
Swedish company Rekyl has links on their home page to others, that are trustworthy.

If you have nothing else to give, remember Ukraine in your prayers!

Thanks for your time...
Kjelle, Angry and fearfull over Putins actions...

Hi,
Mods, if there is a better place for this post to be, please move it!

Anyway, in light of things going on in the world, I would like to offer a sponsorship to someone if they are wanting to come to the US and work. The company my mother works for sponsors quite a few people who work for them, and it has been a great program for them so I thought it would be a good idea for my company to do as well. If you or someone you know is needing to leave the Ukraine, and needs a sponsor for a work visa to come here please send me a private message here on practical machinist, or send me an email at [email protected].

I would be able to house a single person couple or small family for a short time while you found a place to live and got a few paychecks, and I would be able to provide transportation and food for a short while also, until you got some paychecks and could afford those on your own.

We pay a good living wage, and work 8 hour days, get personal time off and in general I feel would be a good job for someone if they need it. Please contact me if I can help, I do not have an opportunity for many people, but if there is a group, please still contact me, as I know many other businesses in my town, and could probably work with them so multiple friends, or a large family could all move to the same town.

Thank you,
-Parker

Let me express my deep respect and admiration to you! It seems to me that the US will only benefit from the relocation of a highly skilled workforce, even with their families.

I read the UN is a little concerned that single British men are offering to take in Single women from Ukraine to live in their houses. I guess there is an offical British progame to allow refugees to come live with private families. I do not think any money is involved.
Bill D

ADVANCING METAL FABRICATION TOGETHER™

Does immigration offer a solution to labor shortage?
IN SECTION: ADVANCING METAL FABRICATION TOGETHER™​

By Dr. Chris Kuehl
fma logo
Opens in modal lightbox

chris kuehl
Opens in modal lightbox

Dr. Chris Kuehl Author of Fabrinomics
Viewable Image - chris kuehl
Image Caption
Dr. Chris Kuehl Author of Fabrinomics

Fabrinomics®​

Read more from Chris at fmamfg.org/blog/author/ckuehl
a mep of ukraine
Opens in modal lightbox

Over the last several years, the manufacturing community has dealt with a wide range of issues — commodity prices, supply chain breakdowns, pandemic shutdowns, and now the war in Ukraine. One issue has been at the top of the list of concerns through all this — labor shortage. There is no point in reiterating the problem (too little training, no skilled pipeline, retirements, and so on). Solutions have been hard to come by. Educating and training take time, postponing retirement is not really an option either. Is the solution in expanded immigration?
In past decades, this was how the U.S. addressed the worker shortage, but it is far harder these days. The manufacturer needs trained people, educated people, people that are ready to become productive as soon as they are hired. The majority of the potential immigrants from places like Mexico and Central America lack these skills. The ability of the U.S. to recruit in other advanced nations is limited by the scarcity of H1B visas and other means to work in the U.S. The more hostile reaction to immigrants over the last few years has made the U.S. less and less appealing to those who have the skills to work anywhere in the world.
There is a new opportunity emerging and it is due to the tragedy unfolding in Ukraine. Thus far, some 3 million Ukrainians have been forced to flee their homes and are surging into Europe. The U.S. has just announced that it will take 100,000 of these refugees and there is pressure to take more. Obviously, these refugees are not all candidates for employment in the U.S., but the reality is that Ukraine was and is an industrial nation and a significant number of those that have been forced to start a new life will be seeking opportunities in the U.S. as well as in Europe. This is certainly not the way anyone would prefer to address the issue of people forced into refugee status nor is it the way anyone would want to deal with the labor shortage. The plain fact is that people will need jobs to survive, and manufacturers need the skills that many of these people have.
does immigration offer a solution to labor shortage
Opens in modal lightbox

THERE IS A NEW OPPORTUNITY EMERGING AND IT IS DUE TO THE TRAGEDY UNFOLDING IN UKRAINE.
Fabrinomics is the exclusive newsletter for FMA members. If you’d like more economic insights delivered straight to your email, become an FMA member at fmamfg.org/join. To ask a question of Dr. Kuehl, send it to [email protected].

---------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back