What's new
What's new

Does Anyone Have Experience With A Bodor Fiber Laser?

Marc Farquhar

Plastic
My company is looking at a P series 12kw fiber laser. The price is right and we would like to talk with some companies that own one, but, there does not seem to be a lot of them in the northeast. The representatives of Bodor referred us to a couple of their customers. I figured I'd put some feelers out there. I'd like to hear from someone who has owned one of these for a couple of years. The service and parts availability is very important as well as any bugs the machine might have. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thank you.

I have a measly 1kw unit and run it from tome to time. Machine was priced right for my use and bought from and installed by Laguna Tools. Has Laguna graphics outside, castings have BODOR clearly spelled out on them. Max Photonics laser source. Rain from Bodor was here a few times early on and I mentioned a slag problem with 10G stainless. Pulled out his phone and sent a beam photo to tech guy. Seems maybe a bit of dust inside the head during setup. Cuts up to 14g with nitrogen just fine, 3/8 carbon steel with Oxy works well too.
My machine takes dxf files directly, but reads all units as metric. I generate all patterns in Solidworks, save as dwg, sometimes make a few tweaks in dwg. Then save as dxf and scale up the whole nest by 25.4 and bring the USB stick to the machine. My understanding is that Bodor has developed its own software now. No idea how new software works.
Pretty happy with it, based on what I use it for. 90% 16 g 304.

Back