What's new
What's new

does this sound like a legitimate request for info? BLS.GOV

FredC

Diamond
Got an email from the:
U.S. Department of Labor
Bureau of Labor Statistics

With so much scamming and phishing going, I thought I would ask is anyone else is getting these emails? They are not asking me to use our login or password but giving us a password to get into their site so that sounds OK.
The next email was from the Texas Workforce Commision with the address where I am supposed to go and it is the same BLS.GOV and tells me to use the password in the previous email.

Got an email from the:
U.S. Department of Labor

With so much scamming and phishing going, I thought I would ask is anyone else is getting these emails? They are not asking me to use our login or password but giving us a password to get into their site so that sounds OK.
The next email was from the Texas Workforce Commision with the address where I am supposed to go and it is the same BLS.GOV and tells me to use the password in the previous email.
Does the address they come from match up with official gov ones?

You need to actually look at the email address of the sender and not just the name showing up on the email. I get all kinds of random scam emails that the name looks official but when you look deeper at the actual email address its something like [email protected]

Got an email from the:
U.S. Department of Labor

Go to the official site, but through your normal internet browser, not through their email links.

Typically, gov agencies always state that they will only contact you through Snail Mail.

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Web site name checks out as the real deal.
As said above always go to your browser and type in the name. Never follow links in a e-mail unless from a very trusted source.

" You need to actually look at the email address of the sender and not just the name showing up on the email" . I get a lot of these.
I also get a lot of fake invoices/bills saying I owe for this or that.
These scams must work given how many I get. Five to ten per day. I just do not even open these e-mails.

You are correct to be careful and concerned.
Bob (my hat was not always white :))

Last edited:
Web site name checks out as the real deal.
As said above always go to your browser and type in the name. Never follow links in a e-mail unless from a very trusted source.

" You need to actually look at the email address of the sender and not just the name showing up on the email" . I get a lot of these.
I also get a lot of fake invoices/bills saying I owe for this or that.
These scams must work given how many I get. Five to ten per day. I just do not even open these e-mails.

You are correct to be careful and concerned.
Bob (my hat was not always white :))
I did the search later and found it was the real deal as you said. Thanks to everyone else also. I get a lot of the fraudulent type and always caught them so far. Getting the real deal is almost confusing.

Back