What's new
What's new

dro problem

jason vaughn

Plastic
my screen on my sony lh51 dro just blinks repeatedly, as it blinks some lights go on and some go off as everything is blinking, no buttons or anything have any result on this. i hope someone can help me. the power went out at our shop and when the power came back on the dro would do nothing but brink all of its leds.

This should be helpful:

20220919_134720.jpg

Note that there are different button presses required depending on the exact readout you've got.

Last edited:
I guess we need to know if it's blinking regularly or if it's random. If it's regular, I'm guessing the procedure above should fix it. If it's random, then it might need taken apart. I fixed a friend's LH52 that was having similar issues by opening it up and unplugging and reseating all the internal connections several times each. Also added a tiny bit of DeOxit. Hasn't had any more problems with it in the past year.

If all of the above does not work and since this happened after a power incident, the next thing I would look at is the area of the circuit that is closest to the AC power: the power supply.

You can check the outputs of the power supply with a VOM, even an inexpensive one. You just have to find the places where to check them. Photos may help. Photos with the covers off and things like connectors and the silk screen on the circuit boards visible - CLEARLY VISIBLE!

They always need to be reset after power is removed. At that point they are lit solidly and say "SONY" on the display rather than showing numbers. But in twenty years of using Sony DROs, I've never seen a blinking display except on that one that I reseated the connections. If the power supply section of the board had failed I don't think the DRO would light at all, but one never knows.

Back