What's new
What's new

Drummond UK Treadle Radial Drill

maynah

Stainless
Rob, you're the Drummond guy on here so I have a question. I thought I had a few more Drummond things than I showed and I found another small box. It had a face plate, a few chucks, a tool post, milling cutters and other small stuff. But there is a micrometer carriage stop I've been wondering about. I don't see one on Tony's site.
Have you ever seen one? Is it Drummond or after market? It's very nicely made and fits the rear way very well. For you Yanks, the front way isn't square. The top is flat but the front angles down away from the user.
(In my picture it's on the wrong side of the carriage)
Which brings another thought to mind. The lathe is a gap bed with no filler piece. The carriage stop can only go so far towards the head stock until it falls into the gap. Seems like you could only use the carriage stop a few inches away from the chuck and farther.
I'm thinking of this the only way I've ever used one. I'm I missing something?
Drummond Micro Carr Stop 11.jpgDrummond Micro Carr Stop 2.jpgDrummond Micro Carr Stop 3.jpgDrummond Micro Carr Stop 44.jpgDrummond Micro Carr Stop 5.jpg

Jim Christie

Titanium
I don't know the Drummond machines that well so I could be wrong in guessing that your stop is for a milling machine table or grinding machine table of some kind.
I have taken some pictures of some I have on My machines.
The black ones are on a Cincinnati Monoset , the green ones are from a Cincinnati # 1 tool and cutter grinder but have springs for a soft stop and no micrometer, and the grey one fits a Hembrug cutter grinder but is not original to it and I only have one like it.
This post about some for a Monoset or a Tool Master turned up in a Google search.
The clamp on these pull in the center of the T slot whereas yours is clamped from one side.
Maybe someone will recognize what machine yours is for.
Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2263.JPG
    IMG_2263.JPG
    736.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2264.JPG
    IMG_2264.JPG
    690.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2265.JPG
    IMG_2265.JPG
    939.6 KB · Views: 8

cyanidekid

Titanium
wow! good work gentlemen. impressive the depth of knowledge here. now if only I can get the right eyes on my post about the Starrett 164 T square..
maybe I should re-post to antiques from metrology?

maynah

Stainless
Thanks Jim, certainly a possibility.
Kid, post your Starrett square here.
Once Rivett 608 sees it, or a few others, I bet you get your answers.

Rob Gough

Plastic
Maynah, Wouldn't say I was a Drummond expert, still plenty to learn! I've never seen a micrometer stop like this one identified as a Drummond or aftermarket Drummond accessory. I can't see how it could fit to the front slideway unless you had the micrometer dial in the gap and if did that the angled face of the clamp looks too 'shallow' for the dovetail on the front of the slideway. Perhaps Jim's hypothesis is more realistic. Nice item regardless! There's plenty of folk on the [email protected] team that know more than I do, you might get a more definitive response there.