What's new
What's new

Dynapath delta 20 DNC Help

Hi everyone, im having some issues getting my dynapath delta 20 control (late 80s to early 90s) to communicate with my computer. Machine is a tree journeyman 325 with the rs232 serial port. Ive configured a cable per dynapath to be compatible with hardware or software handshake, i believe the cable is correct because i can send program to the dnc software but it appears as garbage data? (@$@@) I have tried every possible setting that I can think of. The dnc softwares ive tried are DNC4U and easyDNC, Also im using a startech db9 to usb adapter to go to laptop running windows 10. Ive only tried sending from the cnc to the DNC Software because i haven't had any luck past there. Ive used all different baud rates, software and hardware handshake, i am stumped? Hoping its something silly that im overlooking and one of you wizzards out there have overcame the same problem? Using;
7 data bits
Even parity
1 stop bits
Echo off
X1/X0 on and off
Baud rates from 300-9600

Just cannot get anything to work for me? Any help would be greatly appreciated, i know its an old machine, but id love to get it figured out before i pull trigger on a VMC.

Thank you

For what it's worth, I'm using a laptop with the following setup to drip feed and send/receive without issue:

Machine/Control: Compumill 4000 with Dynapath Delta 20
USB to serial adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077TVBF54/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Null modem crossover adapter: https://www.amazon.com/Monoprice-DB25-Null-Modem-Adaptor/dp/B001VL8RK2
NC link DNC software(Free): CAD/CAM CNC | Downloads Page | OneCNC CAD/CAM Software

It might be related to the crossover adapter, I want to say I was able to receive originally as well but couldn't send/dripfeed until I had the pin-out corrected with the adapter. I don't have the specific null modem adapter I listed above, I got one from a buddy, but it just crosses your send/receive pins so any one will work.

Good luck.

From my old notes on this...
Note: Use a Standard Modem Cable when connecting CNC to PC
Have not tried a usb to serial adapter that worked for us but the software was the issue there.

This setup will not work on the newer Delta 40-60 version.

Are you sending eia programs or conversational? My experience with the Delta 20 is it does not use a null modem cable. Mine was set for 9600 , 2 stop, 7 data , even parity.
I was having issues sending eia programs, you cannot have spaces between the coordinates or any letter address in a line of code.
I was using win7 with a real 9 pin serial port, no anti virus running, fifo buffers off.

Back