What's new
What's new

Dynapath Delta 40M Serial Port

jddfuentes

Plastic
Hi everyone! Greetings from Argentina!

Hope you are well. I'm a student, currently I'm doing a intership here at my University and the CNC Lab has a milling machine which model is "Chevallier Falcon 63-R" with a Dynapath Delta 40M controller. The machine is going to be restaured and I am studying the serial communication, so here are the questions:
1- The manual only says that the protocol communication is RS232C and it has a DB-25 port. I was thinking about to use a DB-25 male to DB-9 female cable and then use a DB9 to Usb adapter to connect the PC. Is this form correct or there is an easier (o more direct) way?
2- The pinout of the cable, is just like the protocol on Internet? I'm asking this question because the cable which is connected doesn't respect the pinout and I didn't see any information in the manual.
3- When I try the communication I will need an application to communicate via serial and I would appreciate any recommendations on which app is more likely to work and upload/download programs on the controller.

Anyways, I'm thankful for your attention. I wish a good weekend!

I'm not familiar with the serial port cabling but you can call Dynapath directly for information. They are still in business and in my case have always been helpful.

RT

I have used a USB adapter to talk to a Dynapath controller -- earlier model, though.

I would get together your 9-25 adapter, your USB adapter, a straight-thru 9-pin with appropriate connectors, and either a null modem adapter or null modem cable. Then download a copy of Realterm and look at a couple of YouTube videos on serial transfer.

The USB device I used was a I/O Gear retail device, at about $40. Another good choice, that has status/activity indicators are the transparent blue FTDI devices. Same general price point.

Realterm is free and good (Windows) and will help you adjust/diagnose data flow, and transfer files bi-directionally. The hardest part is digging into the Dynapath manual and understanding the vocabulary/terminology.

Good luck!

From my notes
Note: Use a Standard Null Modem Cable when connecting CNC to PC

This will not work on the older Delta 10-20. The difference is the 10/20 was a device where the Delta 40-60-2000 are PC based.

1665063159007.png

Hope this helps

Back