What's new
What's new

Eastwood QST 30/60 air compressor

Get the good one on order and you can fiddle with the bad one until the good one shows up.
Well, that was going to be my next question... Which one to get? Would like as close to 1 for 1 swap as possible. Need 220V 5HP with scroll unloader. Unloader port is pointing up now; might be able to connect to bottom facing port, but that might get a bit tight on the hose. This is what it looks like. Connection on the left is 1/2 inch hose for reference purposes. Looks like the elbow is a step down to 3/8 of a 1/4.

Attachments

• 20231015_231639.jpg
    20231015_231639.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
For now i adjusted the OEM pressure switch to 9bar (130psi) cut out. Will run it like this for a while to see if it really is failing or of it was just set too high... I'd rather buy an all in one solution that works well then to have lefoo going to magnetic contactor etc. Same idea, but in a nice OEM package, even if it costs like $100-$200 but is a drop in replacement that will just reliably work, would be preferred. 90 percent of this compressor use is for blasting, which sometimes i want to do at 90 psi with SiC, so pressure range of 100-150 psi is plenty for my contactor needs. 100 to 130 may even be good enough. The extra 20 psi from 130 to 150 won't save or kill me.

Eastwood tech support did not recommend any premium/more reliable options for the switch, however they are sending me a replacement unit of the same PN as the original free of charge.

Back