What's new
What's new

Electric cars worldwide - and Tesla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, EG is saving up for a cormorant and a raft ...

li-jiang-river-1639081.jpg

plan to do a little fishing then start on that "sleep with ten thousand girls to gain immortality" program. Maybe won't get there but if you don't try you can't succeed !

You guys can go ahead and blow yourselves up, hope you enjoy it, it's what you deserve. Karma does exist, they say.

Fishing is good. Going places is also. Women are just great though as you know they can be toxic too. Good luck.

Nah, EG is saving up for a cormorant and a raft ...

li-jiang-river-1639081.jpg

plan to do a little fishing then start on that "sleep with ten thousand girls to gain immortality" program. Maybe won't get there but if you don't try you can't succeed !

You guys can go ahead and blow yourselves up, hope you enjoy it, it's what you deserve. Karma does exist, they say.

Fucking lot of cormorants around here. You can have all of them, dead or alive.

As for the women, good luck with that. I'll just stick with my current one. And go sailing with her as crew.

PDW

Asian women can be funny.......the Viets used to live next to my yard,the woman Mim was a super hard worker,the husband was a would be gangster type,Hawiian shirts,white shoes ,gold chains ,rings etc .....mirror sunnies too ,nearly forgot......Anyhoo ,supposedly in fear of the Commies,but didnt stop them going back and forth to 'VeeNam"....Woman says to me .."If I can get him back to our village ,police will whip him for laziness"......Anyhoo,Min and sister trick him into going back to take posession of the family house.....instead cops grab him and whip him ...cost 5 million dong ...about $2......Things go downhill for Ng from there ,his plastic scrap export container is refused entry ,and hes made a bankrupt in Vietnam......Funny people ,not from the South ,but from the North border with China.....so not genuine refugees at all.

I have to agree with freedommachine - alternate energy can be a wonderful thing but only with measured and VOLUNTARY adoption, not forced on us by those in power. Many technologies are still in their infancy despite years of use and early adopters usually give up something, often paying much higher prices than "fossil burners".

The technologies WILL get better and at at some point many will voluntarily switch for economic reasons (other than government incentives). The current EVs, especially Tesla are way better than even 5 years ago and I expect those of 15 and even 20 years from now may be so attractive that few would want a fuel powered vehicle. Perhaps it may even occur sooner if radical new technologies come unexpectedly.

But forcing people into something they don't need or want is not only counterproductive in the long run but also flies in the face of centuries of tradition where people gradually adopted new technology as it became more desirable or better served their needs. It is only in recent decades that the concept of forced adoption has become an accepted principle among so many.

I have to agree with freedommachine - alternate energy can be a wonderful thing but only with measured and VOLUNTARY adoption, not forced on us by those in power. Many technologies are still in their infancy despite years of use and early adopters usually give up something, often paying much higher prices than "fossil burners".

The technologies WILL get better and at at some point many will voluntarily switch for economic reasons (other than government incentives). The current EVs, especially Tesla are way better than even 5 years ago and I expect those of 15 and even 20 years from now may be so attractive that few would want a fuel powered vehicle. Perhaps it may even occur sooner if radical new technologies come unexpectedly.

But forcing people into something they don't need or want is not only counterproductive in the long run but also flies in the face of centuries of tradition where people gradually adopted new technology as it became more desirable or better served their needs. It is only in recent decades that the concept of forced adoption has become an accepted principle among so many.

Who do you see forcing anyone into electric vehicles besides market forces? I still haven't gotten any notices from the government that I need to buy one.

Eventually most cars that are being built are likely to be EV's so if you want the old fashioned ICE vehicle be prepared to pay a premium, just like you do now with most EV's.

BTW, you're also still allowed to believe the earth is flat if you want to.

Your post sounds like something that was written by a spoiled child.

Here is the thing, despite your continued rhetoric, no one is forcing you to do anything.

The technology is here, now.

Is it all things for all people?

No

And your contention that the market will work this way is historically inaccurate

ICE vehicles are and have been subsidized by the government for decades, at the behest of powerful interest groups.

This is how things work, it is actually a pretty conservative principle. The gov't uses carrots to get you to do the things it wants

Despite years of CAFE, you can still buy a vehicle that gets 10mpg it you wish. No one forces you to buy a tiny econobox.

The market does not care about anything, it is not a rational actor. It follows the money, and there is more money to be made pumping oil out of the ground and making gas guzzling pickup trucks than in other things

That does not mean that is what 'we' want.

You always refer to the gov't as they, but 'we' create the gov't, you just like to avoid the results of that.

Most people disagree with you on a lot of things. Thus the gov't differs from what you wish.

My favorite example of us getting what 'we' want is strip malls

We create the zoning rules we want. No high rises. No mixed comercial residential. parking spots for lots of cars

Viola, strip mall

Yet we hate strip malls

Here is the thing, despite your continued rhetoric, no one is forcing you to do anything.

The technology is here, now.

Is it all things for all people?

No

And your contention that the market will work this way is historically inaccurate

ICE vehicles are and have been subsidized by the government for decades, at the behest of powerful interest groups.

This is how things work, it is actually a pretty conservative principle. The gov't uses carrots to get you to do the things it wants

Despite years of CAFE, you can still buy a vehicle that gets 10mpg it you wish. No one forces you to buy a tiny econobox.

The market does not care about anything, it is not a rational actor. It follows the money, and there is more money to be made pumping oil out of the ground and making gas guzzling pickup trucks than in other things

That does not mean that is what 'we' want.

You always refer to the gov't as they, but 'we' create the gov't, you just like to avoid the results of that.

Most people disagree with you on a lot of things. Thus the gov't differs from what you wish.

My favorite example of us getting what 'we' want is strip malls

We create the zoning rules we want. No high rises. No mixed comercial residential. parking spots for lots of cars

Viola, strip mall

Yet we hate strip malls

Scottl probably heard on rush that everyone will be required to buy electric cars and believed the lies. So glad that old fool is gone. If a man ever needed dying he did.

flies in the face of centuries of tradition where people gradually adopted new technology as it became more desirable or better served their needs. It is only in recent decades that the concept of forced adoption has become an accepted principle among so many.

Not sure what tradition you are talking about, but there were (and still are) huge government incentives for oil production when it was first starting. Same thing for railroads.

I didn't SAY that you beat women and children but I may have asked if you still beat women and children in response to one of your posts about me. And you do realize that every time you quote me your PM shows up again, don't you?

That is pretty much the same thing.

Hey F16 and B, give it a rest. This constant back and forth adds NOTHING to the thread.

I will if he stops making up lies about me, stops the baseless insults, and stops posting misinformation on technical subjects. I will let all his BS stories of his vast wealth go. I hope you notice I don't stoop to his level.

P.S. Also he needs to stop posting my user page.

That is pretty much the same thing.

Your non stop twisting of my words and accusations of lying are all it takes for me to keep trolling you. I did let one go by today in the interest of peace but if you want more I have plenty more where that one came from.

Afraid to go to Chicago. Afraid to go into a MRI tunnel. Be scared. Be very scared.

I'm just trying to give back in kind. If you want to keep it up I can post your PM on every post that I make. I'm sure as a bully you are very proud of that PM.

Your non stop twisting of my words and accusations of lying are all it takes for me to keep trolling you. I did let one go by today in the interest of peace but if you want more I have plenty more where that one came from.

Afraid to go to Chicago. Afraid to go into a MRI tunnel. Be scared. Be very scared.

I'm just trying to give back in kind. If you want to keep it up I can post your PM on every post that I make. I'm sure as a bully you are very proud of that PM.

I don't twist your words, that is another lie. Saying I was "afraid" to go in an MRI tunnel is another lie. I said it was too small and folded me up like a taco as I have rather broad shoulders. I was going in to get my shoulder checked, the damn thing hurt without moving it. What do you mean accusations of lying? You lie constantly and I have proven it countless times. You keep saying I am scared, while you said you were a pacifist. You need to get yourself a dictionary. A pacifist isn't going to go around constantly insulting people hiding behind a keyboard, that is what a coward does.

I don't twist your words, that is another lie. Saying I was "afraid" to go in an MRI tunnel is another lie. I said it was too small and folded me up like a taco as I have rather broad shoulders. I was going in to get my shoulder checked, the damn thing hurt without moving it. What do you mean accusations of lying? You lie constantly and I have proven it countless times. You keep saying I am scared, while you said you were a pacifist. You need to get yourself a dictionary. A pacifist isn't going to go around constantly insulting people hiding behind a keyboard, that is what a coward does.

THIS is what a bully does:

Stainless
Country
UNITED STATES
City, State/Province
MOLINE, Illinois
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
Default Where can we meet up.
I am looking forward to you insulting me to my face, like you do hiding behind a keyboard. I am long past my prime, but I still can throw a good jab, and have a high tolerance to pain. Let us meet.

It is pretty obvious Big B is not going to cease and desist, and will continue to slander people with lies he makes up about them. It isn't slander if it is the truth.
Of course we all know telling the truth is rare for him. Anytime he calls someone a Trump supporter that is not, is in fact a slanderous lie. He obviously cannot debate on an adult level.

It is pretty obvious Big B is not going to cease and desist, and will continue to slander people with lies he makes up about them. It isn't slander if it is the truth.
Of course we all know telling the truth is rare for him. Anytime he calls someone a Trump supporter that is not, is in fact a slanderous lie. He obviously cannot debate on an adult level.

You must love having your bullying PM posted here to continue with trolling me.

Stainless
Country
UNITED STATES
City, State/Province
MOLINE, Illinois
Post Thanks / Like
Likes (Given)
Likes (Received)
Default Where can we meet up.
I am looking forward to you insulting me to my face, like you do hiding behind a keyboard. I am long past my prime, but I still can throw a good jab, and have a high tolerance to pain. Let us meet.

And just because you say that you don't like trump doesn't mean that you really don't care for him. Your posts sound just like him. Non stop bullying of anyone that doesn't agree with you. It's trademark trump stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back