What's new
What's new

Employee scraps parts, brake tools and crashes the machine once a week

hate to tell you, but i'm not him, lol :)
I misunderstood your response to Houdini.

Regardless of legality once you get signed authorization, I never understood expecting your employees to eat the cost of mistakes. Shit happens and fixing it is a cost of doing business. If you have someone who is making too much scrap, fix the problem. Cutting their pay to get them to quit doesn't make much sense. If you keep a guy on minimum wage to pay for mistakes, you know he's going to cause a big mistake the last pay period before he quits.

What things do you break when you push a machine than? If you break the alignments pins in the turret in two because you "push" the machine you are doing something wrong.
Does this include ripping the entire tilt/rotate spindle head off of a 1.7 million dollar 5 axis mill big enough that you can park your car on the table?
Oops. Repair was only $145,000.
How about crashing into the tilt/rotary axis of a grinder and killing the gears inside. Fix cost was only $30,000.
I think I may have broken some expensive things.
Lessons learned in don't do that and also in judgement of others when it happens.

Ok Ill just be oblivious to what's in front of me. It would be nice if he bought the parts we need or tooling or material before buying that last Ferrari he showed off here.
If he didn't buy material, how were you supposed to make parts? Pull them out of your ass?

Sounds like a bullshit story to me. :nutter:

" Don't do things as quickly as you can, Do them correctly, then you will learn to do them correctly, quickly over time"

If he didn't buy material, how were you supposed to make parts? Pull them out of your ass?

Sounds like a bullshit story to me. :nutter:
Well since your not here, and know nothing about the situation. It's you who are full of shit. Never wise to discuss something you know nothing of, makes you look like the ass you are.

if its as bad as you say it is, what the fuck are you still doing there?
The pay is good and I keep getting a check.
I Behind a desk now and hitting 60. Just riding the train wreck for a few more years.
Hope you all have a good Weekend! 🍻

Well since your not here, and know nothing about the situation. It's you who are full of shit. Never wise to discuss something you know nothing of, makes you look like the ass you are.
You're not getting it.

We don't have to know anything about the situation because what the boss does with his personal finances has absolutely nothing to do with you.

That's what you're really bitter about. If you actually cared so much about the materials and tooling, you would've led with that.

The pay is good and I keep getting a check.
Some people aren't so fortunate.

To make workers pay for mistakes and damage ,you would need a complex subcontracting and lease/hire setup........... these schemes have been shot down by tax law ,although the schemes did work to minimize tax in the beginning ............too effectively .

You're not getting it.

We don't have to know anything about the situation because what the boss does with his personal finances has absolutely nothing to do with you.

That's what you're really bitter about. If you actually cared so much about the materials and tooling, you would've led with that.

What ever man, lol. I am in now way bitter. You have a good one.

Back