What's new
What's new

Epoxy Floor Paint Recommendations?

Do you really want painted concrete for your living quarters, especially being of the female persuasion? A guy maybe,,,, but even yours truly, once the boots come off at night, my tired socked feet much prefer a warmer and and a little bit softer surface than redimix.
The floor is already concrete, not much I can do about that. At some point in time it was painted, its pretty well gone, and it sucks up the light. I have oriental carpeting over most of it, but the bare concrete still shows.

The floor is already concrete, not much I can do about that. At some point in time it was painted, its pretty well gone, and it sucks up the light. I have oriental carpeting over most of it, but the bare concrete still shows.

+1 for some kind of carpet on concrete- I'm on my 2nd one in the shop. The 1st was an old make-believe oriental carpet my daughter got tired of, the 2nd was a synthetic thing that my wife didn't like and refused to put on the porch. In a shop situation they get worn out more quickly, ground in dirt and then the washing with aggressive detergent if nothing else- but a LOT nicer to walk on and to kneel down on then the concrete.

A couple years ago I put down a coat of single part "concrete paint"- its done OK on the good concrete but mine is a 100yr old floor with lots of sand so the surface tends to crumble here and there. The carpet has helped preserve the paint beneath it. I wonder if another win from painting the concrete is reducing the humidity wicked in.

Back