What's new
What's new

Epoxy Floor Paint Recommendations?

dalmatiangirl61

Diamond
Do you really want painted concrete for your living quarters, especially being of the female persuasion? A guy maybe,,,, but even yours truly, once the boots come off at night, my tired socked feet much prefer a warmer and and a little bit softer surface than redimix.
The floor is already concrete, not much I can do about that. At some point in time it was painted, its pretty well gone, and it sucks up the light. I have oriental carpeting over most of it, but the bare concrete still shows.

Greg Menke

Diamond
The floor is already concrete, not much I can do about that. At some point in time it was painted, its pretty well gone, and it sucks up the light. I have oriental carpeting over most of it, but the bare concrete still shows.

+1 for some kind of carpet on concrete- I'm on my 2nd one in the shop. The 1st was an old make-believe oriental carpet my daughter got tired of, the 2nd was a synthetic thing that my wife didn't like and refused to put on the porch. In a shop situation they get worn out more quickly, ground in dirt and then the washing with aggressive detergent if nothing else- but a LOT nicer to walk on and to kneel down on then the concrete.

A couple years ago I put down a coat of single part "concrete paint"- its done OK on the good concrete but mine is a 100yr old floor with lots of sand so the surface tends to crumble here and there. The carpet has helped preserve the paint beneath it. I wonder if another win from painting the concrete is reducing the humidity wicked in.

irontmp

Plastic
I can't give you any recommendations for brand but I do have a tip for you. We had a paint crew where I worked and they did thousands of square feet of epoxy floors and they always wore old golf shoes when they were putting the epoxy down. You can walk across wet epoxy and it fills back in where the cleats were.

It's been a while but as I recall they mixed the hardener in the 5 gallon buckets that the epoxy base came in and dumped it on the floor and squeegeed it around. They could cover a lot of area fast and it was always so nice to go from a crappy old concrete floor to a new epoxy one.

They also had a machine that shot steel balls at the concrete and caught them to rough up the surface so the epoxy would stick better.
epoxy flooring Atlanta
I'm looking forward to seeing before and after pics.
Does anybody have a good garage floor paint they use?