What's new
What's new

Estate sale treasures, OLD U.S. made tools, Seneca Lathe, B&D valve grinder, Sioux...

Richard/SIA

Cast Iron
Estate sale treasures, OLD U.S. made tools, Seneca Lathe, B&D valve grinder, Sioux...

Estate sale treasures!
Local gentleman who restored early military Jeeps as a hobby/business passed recently.
Heirs live way out East and liquidated everything.
I got several OLD U.S. made tools, Seneca Lathe with 1895 patent date and ornate legs, 40's? B&D valve grinder, Sioux valve seat grinder sets, In-Block crankshaft grinders, a PFAFF industrial sewing machine, and an ancient (1800's?) pillar drill that will most likely become yard art as it is missing the caps for the horizontal shaft.
Spent way more than I should have and ended up with some duplicate pieces.
Did not really intend to buy the lathe but a Last Day Deal forced it on me.

The valve grinding setup and sewing machine are all that I was really after.

Can post pics if there is interest.
Took a while to identify what the crank grinder was for.
As Neat as it is I have no real use for it so will probably list it for sale here or feeBay depending on likely interest.
Might make a video of it in use since there is so little information available on them.

Would like to identify the year of manufacture for the B&D valve grinder.
Only required some cleaning and priming the lube system to make it run.
After some practice I hope to actually make some money with it.
The Sioux seat grinders all work as they came out of the boxes.
Been nearly fifty years since I attended automotive trade school so I'm beyond rusty on identifying and using this equipment.

The PFAFF needs TLC but I hope to get it going as I need to make my own seat covers.
Hopefully without becoming "One" with the work!
This machine will sew several layers of leather, mere hands would be nothing to it.
Need to figure out its YOM too.

Also got a few small items and about 150 steel storage bins on shelving.
No more excuse to not organize small supplies and parts.

IMG_1092.jpgIMG_1090.jpg

Estate sale treasures!
Local gentleman who restored early military Jeeps as a hobby/business passed recently.
Heirs live way out East and liquidated everything.
I got several OLD U.S. made tools, Seneca Lathe with 1895 patent date and ornate legs, 40's? B&D valve grinder, Sioux valve seat grinder sets, In-Block crankshaft grinders, a PFAFF industrial sewing machine, and an ancient (1800's?) pillar drill that will most likely become yard art as it is missing the caps for the horizontal shaft.
Spent way more than I should have and ended up with some duplicate pieces.
Did not really intend to buy the lathe but a Last Day Deal forced it on me.

The valve grinding setup and sewing machine are all that I was really after.

Can post pics if there is interest.
Took a while to identify what the crank grinder was for.
As Neat as it is I have no real use for it so will probably list it for sale here or feeBay depending on likely interest.
Might make a video of it in use since there is so little information available on them.

Would like to identify the year of manufacture for the B&D valve grinder.
Only required some cleaning and priming the lube system to make it run.
After some practice I hope to actually make some money with it.
The Sioux seat grinders all work as they came out of the boxes.
Been nearly fifty years since I attended automotive trade school so I'm beyond rusty on identifying and using this equipment.

The PFAFF needs TLC but I hope to get it going as I need to make my own seat covers.
Hopefully without becoming "One" with the work!
This machine will sew several layers of leather, mere hands would be nothing to it.
Need to figure out its YOM too.

Also got a few small items and about 150 steel storage bins on shelving.
No more excuse to not organize small supplies and parts.

View attachment 343151View attachment 343150

vary cool and about more pic ? why yes let us see the goodies

Got everything off the truck.
Surprised how good the lathe parts appear to be.
Lead screw shows very little wear.
I will have to set it back together to get pics.

Way back when I picked up an industrial Sioux valve seat grinding set. The price was right.
American quality, built to last forever, these are the kind of tools you could use through your entire career, and then you could pass it on the next generation to use as well.

Back