What's new
What's new

EUR/USD just hit parity

I lost a ton of money when Obama halted much of gulf activity. by holding stock in two oil companies. at the time.
Trump oversaw one of the largest oil services retractions in history with all of the associated company failures.
Look at the numbers.

Crude isn’t all about US policy and hasn’t been for decades.

Last edited:
Good to see this price correction.
I suppose this illustrates the improbable but present confusion over Ukraine wheat yields as percentage of global market:

Attachments

• E2D76ACC-8BB5-42B7-B6A4-9AB19D435CFC.jpeg
    E2D76ACC-8BB5-42B7-B6A4-9AB19D435CFC.jpeg
    117.3 KB · Views: 12
Government should be happy when USA workers pay income tax. We don't get much income tax from china workers, and China does not pay our unemployment bills.
Plus (GVT Bozos) complain when the oil top guys make big bucks but seem to think that when they become millionaires in a few years when their pay is nowhere near that is honkey dory.

The latest statistics show that the oil and gas industry in the US employs around 10.3 million people. The global oil and gas market size is estimated to reach $5,870.13 billion in 2021. Approximately 6.7 million Americans work in the energy field.

*But the euro crash is what we might expect to soon happen to the USD.
That may put the USD buying power at about 50 cents.

Last edited:
This has been going on forever. Guys in the oil patch are always either buying Rolexes or hocking them. It always seemed really dumb to me.
Yep.

I was following things pretty closely as that was occurring.
The street view was that as debt accumulated capital extension would retract and damage a recovery when it came.
There were also fears of labor flight from the sector, reduced yields from capped wells etc.

All of these have come to pass it seems.
I was “buying the dip” and eventually got worn out with that and left the sector.
But.. those were crazy times and lots of fear as companies like RIG teetering on ruin with the debt load from purchased and promised to purchase platforms sitting idle against the notes.

Maybe now it time to buy in…
Pull up the chart for RIG- quite the ride eh…

Simple grade school fact is high US dollar makes US exports more expensive in the rest of the world ,and foreign imports to US cheaper ........however since the US main export is military ,cost isnt a factor .

Back