What's new
What's new

Excello 602 Part out Machine

midwestnewb

Plastic
Looking to sell my excello 602. I believe it needs the motor rewound or replaced. I just want it out of my garage. Would be perfect for someone with a running 602 who needs a parts machine or someone wanting to take on a project. Buyer must load. I will help as much as i can but do not have forklift,pallet jack, toe jack, etc. Located in Northern IL. If interested PM me and lets work out a deal.

Attachments

• 20221006_154604 (2).jpg
    20221006_154604 (2).jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 113
Would take 650 for machine if anyone is interested. That is for machine only. No drum switch or vise. Can update with more pictures if needed.

Looks like there is a riser between the column and the ram mount. Yours is taller than a normal height one like this.
block.jpg

It's possible. I believe this is a real early excello. The brake is different than 90% of excellos ive seen also

I have this machine in my garage now. I just wanted to post a big thanks to midwestnewb for all the help, especially with getting this thing up on skids and onto the trailer. He's a smart young machinist and a good guy to work with.
John

I thought Id add a comment. Ive run Excello's quite a bit in the past and they are superior machines. I especially like the head pivots in line with quill. Just an excellent mill.
My old one had chrome ways too.

I have this machine in my garage now. I just wanted to post a big thanks to midwestnewb for all the help, especially with getting this thing up on skids and onto the trailer. He's a smart young machinist and a good guy to work with.
John
Good morning John - I came across this thread looking for parts for my Ex-Cell-O 602. Not sure if you bought it for parts or for a rebuild. If for parts, I'd be interested in a couple bits from the head. Mine is missing the Vari-Speed Fork (cast U-Shaped bit that raises and lowers the front varidisk spindle bearing) and the top cover. Previous owner was rebuilding and somehow lost these. If available, please advise. Thanks and best regards - Stephen

Not sure if you bought it for parts or for a rebuild. If for parts, I'd be interested in a couple bits from the head.
Hello Stephen,
Actually I've had some success with this machine, and after a few repairs, it's running. Everything seems to be working, so I'm planning to start using it and hopefully it will become my primary and possibly only milling machine.

If you would be interested in getting any measurements for possibly making the part, I'll help as much as I can. Eventually I plan to pull the head apart again, as I know of one ball bearing in the upper drive shaft that's was a bit gritty. That will be next spring at the earliest.

The photo below shows the part as I was first disassembling the upper drive.

Feel free to send me a PM (aka conversation) any time.

XLO-Reeves-Fork.jpg

Good morning John - I came across this thread looking for parts for my Ex-Cell-O 602. Not sure if you bought it for parts or for a rebuild. If for parts, I'd be interested in a couple bits from the head. Mine is missing the Vari-Speed Fork (cast U-Shaped bit that raises and lowers the front varidisk spindle bearing) and the top cover. Previous owner was rebuilding and somehow lost these. If available, please advise. Thanks and best regards - Stephen

I am currently parting out an Excello 602:

The varispeed was great in its day but a VFD does the job nicely these days as well as allowing operation from single phase power.

Back