What's new
What's new

FADAL 4020 amp or resolver

CPMach

Plastic
I have a 1991 VMC4020. Everything was working fine, until I got an "X" axis fault #26. I could not find what the #26 was. I checked all of the fuses and the resets that I could find. After probing the signal voltage on the amplifier cards, I get 1.7 volts on the middle card and 2.4 volts on the right hand card, but no voltage on the left card. I did not see any tags calling out which card was X,Y or Z. I assume that is how they are set in the control panel. When I shut off the power, the middle and right boards have a red light that glows bright and then shuts off. The left board (X?) light has a very dim flutter to it while powering down. Does the signal voltage come from the resolver? I found minimal information regarding what to check for voltages.

All three amps are interchangeable, in order from left to right x,y,z I would start with swaping two of the amps and see if you're having the same problem, I would swap left and middle. If you get the same fault after swapping the AMP you probably have a weak or bad AMP. Also check the fuse on the bottom of the AMP. Should be behind the red white power leads.

All three amps are interchangeable, in order from left to right x,y,z I would start with swaping two of the amps and see if you're having the same problem, I would swap left and middle. If you get the same fault after swapping the AMP you probably have a weak or bad AMP. Also check the fuse on the bottom of the AMP. Should be behind the red white power leads.
Also for context, I mean if you swap x and y and you get the fault on y.

Back