What's new
What's new

Fagor 800T: Errors on DNC

AndrewZ

Aluminum
Now that I have the RS-232 port functional on a Fagor 800T based controller, the next step is to control it from PC.

The standard WinDNC software is installed, and the "DNC" marker shows up on the top far left section of the controller's screen as required. Parameters P605(5,6,7,8), P606(8) and P623(2) were set to one (counting bits from right to left starting from one), as requested by the manual. Strangely, the appendix F of the manual simultaneously states that P623 is not currently in use.

Apparently only the program 99996 can be ran from PC and stored as G-code on the controller.

A very simple program which should be in the correct format has been prepared in Notepad++ *). However, when attempting to run the program from WinDNC's infinite mode there are two errors.
1. The program 99996 is already stored on the machine. Fine, it is possible to delete in WinDNC, however very annoyingly the controller rewrites a default program within seconds! Is this behaviour possible to disable?
2. Internal error.

How may I resolve the errors?

*) In the 800T manual it is stated that the program should start with a NULL character. If this is attempted the program complains that the name is incorrect. Therefore the null is omitted, however the somewhat unusual <LF> and <EOT> characters at the end of lines and the program are included for now. The program loaded up fine by transmitting it from WinDNC, even with comments designated by ().

I am hypothesizing that the internal error is caused by insufficient privileges. I will try elevating the program to administration privileges next time when attempting the DNC run. If anyone has theories why the error may occur, I would like to hear.

The internal error was resolved, the solution was to choose the program 99996 execution mode from AUX modes, and dry run mode in particular if selected from WinDNC. Duh...

Not sure about the rewriting of 99996, it seems to not have appeared for now, but we will see. Right now I am looking for post processor to add the <LF> characters to end of lines, they are necessary.

Hi i just got myself a Chevalier lathe and has a fagor 800t /8050 controller could you give me the steps on setting it up to read from the rs232 port so i can setup to run a dnc setup from my laptop

Back