What's new
What's new

Fanuc 0T-C X Axis Homing Issue

WakelessFoil

Aluminum
Anyone who has worked with these older Nakamura turning centers knows of the odd trait that is the X axis direction. As you move closer to the spindle X is positive. I tried to change this by following the directions here:

Well it didn't work. The machine still read the same way only now the machine would not perform a zero return in X and it was acting a bit erratically. I changed the parameters back and restarted the machine. Nothing changed and it is still acting odd. If I try to home the machine, it will home Z fine, but when I try to home X it just travels past zero until it triggers the limit switch. It will home itself if I execute a G28 in MDI but will not home in RPR. How might I fix this? Is it possible that switching one parameter may have altered others that I don't know about?

I tried calling Fanuc three times but the line is down.

Thanks,
Justin

"Acts erratic" just doesn't help us much.

Maybe you just O/T'd your axis and maybe your L/S was already on it's death bed, and now you need to change it?

I highly doubt that changing one param automagically changed others - that wouldn't have changed back as well.

I thought that was a Mori thing?
Old Nak's too eh?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Anyone who has worked with these older Nakamura turning centers knows of the odd trait that is the X axis direction. As you move closer to the spindle X is positive. I tried to change this by following the directions here:

Well it didn't work. The machine still read the same way only now the machine would not perform a zero return in X and it was acting a bit erratically. I changed the parameters back and restarted the machine. Nothing changed and it is still acting odd. If I try to home the machine, it will home Z fine, but when I try to home X it just travels past zero until it triggers the limit switch. It will home itself if I execute a G28 in MDI but will not home in RPR. How might I fix this? Is it possible that switching one parameter may have altered others that I don't know about?

I tried calling Fanuc three times but the line is down.

Thanks,
Justin

Do you know how Fanuc parameters work? How you read them?

Do you know how Fanuc parameters work? How you read them?
Yes I do. I do not know what every single parameter does (as I am sure most don't) but I know how to edit them. I changed them back and it did not go back to it's previous state.

"Acts erratic" just doesn't help us much.

Maybe you just O/T'd your axis and maybe your L/S was already on it's death bed, and now you need to change it?

I highly doubt that changing one param automagically changed others - that wouldn't have changed back as well.

I thought that was a Mori thing?
Old Nak's too eh?

--------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
"If I try to home the machine, it will home Z fine, but when I try to home X it just travels past zero until it triggers the limit switch."

I think the limit switch is fine because it still works in the same way. The stepper motor just doesn't stop at zero anymore.

Yes, I have no idea why they made them like that.

"If I try to home the machine, it will home Z fine, but when I try to home X it just travels past zero until it triggers the limit switch."

I think the limit switch is fine because it still works in the same way. The stepper motor just doesn't stop at zero anymore.

Yes, I have no idea why they made them like that.

Well, I hope that we aren't talking about anything with stepper motors!

There is a HOME L/S and then there is an O/T L/S. (in a row)
It sounds like it's not seeing your HOME switch.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Well, I hope that we aren't talking about anything with stepper motors!

There is a HOME L/S and then there is an O/T L/S. (in a row)
It sounds like it's not seeing your HOME switch.

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox
I see, well when I run a G28 in MDI it goes to zero no problem. I will call Fanuc on Monday and see if I can speak to Glenn. He has helped us solve very similar issues in the past with these older machines.

I had exactly the same problem as you before. Some parameters that require the machine to be turned off and on will reset the APZ bit on parameter 1815 or something like that which is causing the RTH issue.

Back