What's new
What's new

Fanuc 31i Setting a pocket to heavy tool

MaticB

Plastic
Hello all,

i would like to set T97,T100 and T103 pockets to heavy tool to slow down the ATC, is there a parameter for that?

Theres is also a built in magazine settings to set the tools large or heavy in the controller but dosent seem to work as it ignores the settings i've set.

Thanks!

Hello all,

i would like to set T97,T100 and T103 pockets to heavy tool to slow down the ATC, is there a parameter for that?

Theres is also a built in magazine settings to set the tools large or heavy in the controller but dosent seem to work as it ignores the settings i've set.

Thanks!
You would do better by specifying the make and model of the machine, rather than the control, in the hope that someone on the Forun is familiar with it, as what you're seeking is a Machine Builder's implemented feature, not Fanuc.

Regards,

Bill

There "should" be an ATC utility on your Custom 1 page that will enable a heavy tool or large tool.0123.jpg
I already had this set for some time but couldn't get it to work.

Had a technician here this week to service another machine and i pulled him over to show me how to slow down the ATC,
and apparently the only way is to go to System>PMC>PMC Maintence>Data>Scroll to #9 D00427>OPRT>Zoom> And then you have the Setting D0050 And D0052.

Basically the setting D0050 is From magazine pocket and D0052 it To magazine pocket.
For example D0050 #10 - D0052 #20 it will slow down all tools in the range from T010 and to T020 and you can't slow down the atc for each individual Magazine pocket.

Cheers

This is a problem with the Hyundai's, they do the absolute bare minimum with setting up their Fanuc control and they bury things that should be simple DEEP. You have to go through the same steps on their vertical mills to see what tools are in what pockets.

I'm curious if you have had any problems with your machines ATC. We have the same model machine and I am way WAY too practiced in tool recoveries on that machine. And it is every bit as contrived as just looking at the tool pockets.

Pretty typical from these 2nd and 3rd tier builders. They do not have the resources to create reliable and robust ladder programs with convenient user features.

Pretty typical from these 2nd and 3rd tier builders. They do not have the resources to create reliable and robust ladder programs with convenient user features.
I wouldn't call Hyundai-Wia a 2nd or 3rd tier builder. They're just not all that common here in the states. They're a massive company.

This is a problem with the Hyundai's, they do the absolute bare minimum with setting up their Fanuc control and they bury things that should be simple DEEP. You have to go through the same steps on their vertical mills to see what tools are in what pockets.

I'm curious if you have had any problems with your machines ATC. We have the same model machine and I am way WAY too practiced in tool recoveries on that machine. And it is every bit as contrived as just looking at the tool pockets.
Yeah had big problems with the ATC/Magazine, magazine/tool pocket not stoping in the right position, single arm stopping mid-way even had the ATC insert the wrong tool into the spindle.(the technician said that is imposible even though it happend 2 times) Check the grease ports on the ATC mine were complety dry as in never greased. Cheers

I wouldn't call Hyundai-Wia a 2nd or 3rd tier builder. They're just not all that common here in the states. They're a massive company.
Massive does not equate quality, especially as far as their machine tool division. A friend has one of their big front end loaders. Gets the job done but has lots of nagging issues that his Cat and Hitachi machines don’t.

Massive does not equate quality, especially as far as their machine tool division.
You said they didn't have the resources. I merely pointed out they have them. In fact we have 2 of their vmc's and they've been more reliable than our Okuma Genos mills. Are they better? No, because it's still a Fanuc control.

Back