What's new
What's new

Fanuc 6T model B operations Guru help needed.

My maintenance manual shows DGN0102 bit 5 as "GST" (gearshift)
Bit 3 changes with feed hold, Listed as "*SP" (cycle operation pause status)
Address 0036 bit 2 Listed as "DLK" (display lock) also changes when pressing feed hold button.
I'm not trying to argue, perhaps my manual is inaccurate? also the feed-hold button is 4 pin, so I assume one N/O and one N/C switch?
Refering to bits, Does "0" mean open, and "1" mean closed switch?

I suspect the axis interlock signal is on, feedhold is active, or start lock signal is on. If I get a chance to look up the addresses tomorrow I’ll post them.

Another thought, does this machine have or did have a tool touch off device. If so, a broken wire to that or if disconnected will cause axes to not be able to move in any mode.
Hello Kevin,
The thing that goes against most of that, is that the OP is saying that with no actual movement of the axes, the position display changes with an attempt to move the axes.

Regards,

Bill

Hello Kevin,
The thing that goes against most of that, is that the OP is saying that with no actual movement of the axes, the position display changes with an attempt to move the axes.

Regards,

Bill
Hi Bill,

Yes, the wording of his answer to the question of the display changing is murky to me. I read one response that made me think he can switch display pages rather than motion counters changing

Hi Bill,

Yes, the wording of his answer to the question of the display changing is murky to me. I read one response that made me think he can switch display pages rather than motion counters changing
Hi Kevin,
Yes, I comprehended that Post that way and asked for clarification and its my understanding that the Position Display changes with Jog and Hand-wheel. At that point, I was thinking Machine Lock being on or a Power Supply to the Servo Drive issue, but he reckons the Diagnostic Parameters are showing that Machine Lock is not on. I'm a little doubtful as Machine Lock or an issue with the Servo that doesn't raise an error is quite plausible.

On the old Mori we have been discussing, turn the DCP unit off to get rid of the OL alarm and the condition is the same as that described by the OP; no actual movement of the axes, but the Position Readout changes when movement is attempted.

Thanks for the lead with regards a replacement for the DCP. I'm able to get a wiring manual and the PLC Ladder listing for the actual machine, for circa AUD 600.00. I could have said to the supplier, that their charge for the manual is an infinite times the cost of the machine. Hang on, Zero x Infinity is still Zero; the robbing bastards.

Regards,

Bill

Hi Kevin,
Yes, I comprehended that Post that way and asked for clarification and its my understanding that the Position Display changes with Jog and Hand-wheel. At that point, I was thinking Machine Lock being on or a Power Supply to the Servo Drive issue, but he reckons the Diagnostic Parameters are showing that Machine Lock is not on. I'm a little doubtful as Machine Lock or an issue with the Servo that doesn't raise an error is quite plausible.

On the old Mori we have been discussing, turn the DCP unit off to get rid of the OL alarm and the condition is the same as that described by the OP; no actual movement of the axes, but the Position Readout changes when movement is attempted.

Thanks for the lead with regards a replacement for the DCP. I'm able to get a wiring manual and the PLC Ladder listing for the actual machine, for circa AUD 600.00. I could have said to the supplier, that their charge for the manual is an infinite times the cost of the machine. Hang on, Zero x Infinity is still Zero; the robbing bastards.

Regards,

Bill
Hi Bill, The OP has also come forth with the fact he was counting bits L to R and not starting with 0. This may affect our thoughts as to the answers about switch conditions.

You’re welcome about the DCP lead. If you consider getting it, but the seller won’t ship internationally, I could get it and then send it on. Let me know. Another thought, the DCP is really just a rectifier with monitoring circuitry. Might not be too tough to troubleshoot yours.

Last edited:
Hello Kevin,

Regards,

Bill
Sorry if I haven't clarified that, yes onscreen position moves, machine does not. BUT on the third position screen, it shows Relative position, which moves, Absolute position, which moves, and Machine postition, which DOES NOT move. Both homing switches, DGN0032/DGN0033 Bit 5 both change state when pressed, and both the hard limit switches shut the hydraulics down when pressed, sort of like E-stop, but control stays on. Actual E-stops kill everything including control.

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread. I still have not gotten movement from my lathe. I have gone round and round with Fanuc AND Nakamura on the phone, and They cant really help me. "John" at fanuc did point me in a direction, but I have come to a dead end. He tells me the In diagnosis, #0096, and #0097 Bit 4, (for both, X, and Z) should be "high" (1), these are labeled in my manual as ITX and ITZ (interlock signal) These are input signals. I cannot find out where these signals are supposed to be coming from. Can anyone verify the bits as to mode when ready for movement? in other words, 1, or 0? (high, or low?)

I don't know if anyone is still following this thread. I still have not gotten movement from my lathe. I have gone round and round with Fanuc AND Nakamura on the phone, and They cant really help me. "John" at fanuc did point me in a direction, but I have come to a dead end. He tells me the In diagnosis, #0096, and #0097 Bit 4, (for both, X, and Z) should be "high" (1), these are labeled in my manual as ITX and ITZ (interlock signal) These are input signals. I cannot find out where these signals are supposed to be coming from. Can anyone verify the bits as to mode when ready for movement? in other words, 1, or 0? (high, or low?)
And possibly tell me where the signals are from, and to?

96 bit 4 and 97 bit 4 are axis interlock outputs from the PMC to the CNC. 1 is the OK condition, 0 means that the axis interlock signal has been turned on by the PMC. The software (ladder logic program) running in the PMC is written by the machine builder, not Fanuc. PMC is Fanuc speak for PLC.

Hello everyone! I've recently purchased a Nakamura TMC2 (1981) 2 axis CNC lathe. It is equipped with Fanuc 6T Model B controller. I am having difficulty getting this machine up and ready for cycle start. Since acquisition, I have fixed the hydro-chuck drawtube malfunction (stuck), Successfully went from "not ready" display with no hydraulics at all (bad connections, dirty contactors) (lack of use) to a machine that powers up with no alarms (no NC alarm, no machine alarm) I can jog the spindle, I can open/close the chuck, I can index the turret, and I can run the spindle from the operators sub-panel. I CANNOT get the machine to zero-return!!! (home) I can't jog either axis. both spindle drives have the PRDY LED illuminated, both drives have correct voltages according to my understanding in the maintenance manuals. I have all documentation that cam with machine when purchased new. I have gone through several checks with parameter tables and DGN table, but they appear to be inaccurate for my machine. (known input allegedly found in parameter 0036 according to the manual, is actually changing state in parameter 0034 in the NC) several other discrepancies. What I don't know is, is my problem operator (self) error? or machine error? For instance, I was not aware that turret must be indexed, and chuck must be cycled, BEFORE the spindle will be started (MDI) Also I have not tried any programs, other than a simple spindle start line, because I assume nothing will execute due to no zero return. Any input for anyone familiar with 6T model B controls is appreciated. (Yes I read The manuals)
For anyone still following this thread, or for anyone with same issue, everything I could check checked out good. Finally after many months I found and replaced first the I/O board, with later part number suggested by Fanuc USA. No change. Still no movement. Replaced The Main PCB with exact part number/version. A20B-0008-0410/033 Problem solved.!
Thank you to everyone for your suggestions.
David

Back