What's new
What's new

Fanuc 6T model B operations Guru help needed.

Are you saying the jog wheel and buttons change the onscreen position but not moving the axis or is it moving as you turn the jog wheel?

Are you following the EXACT procedure to home the machine? Mine home the X and Z first then the spindle, gears, etc. Order counts.

Ed.
I've been Indexing turret, first I will try homing first today and see what it does.

I suspect the axis interlock signal is on, feedhold is active, or start lock signal is on. If I get a chance to look up the addresses tomorrow I’ll post them.

Another thought, does this machine have or did have a tool touch off device. If so, a broken wire to that or if disconnected will cause axes to not be able to move in any mode.
No touch off, machine was making parts earlier this year according to previous owner. Sold because machine WAS stuck on "not ready" screen. That problem was traced to bad connection on the CNB11 connector not fully seated to the relay board.

I would not put much stock in what the previous owner said. This machine clearly has other issues, whether or not the NOT READY screen was an artifact of another still-lingering issue is anyone’s guess.

Angelw and Vancbiker ARE the Fanuc 6 gurus.

just a thought, I haven't worked with a 6 in some time, but isn't there a mystery switch on a circuit board inside the main cabinet to enable the parameters?
I don't believe the machine will run with it in the wrong position

just a thought, I haven't worked with a 6 in some time, but isn't there a mystery switch on a circuit board inside the main cabinet to enable the parameters?
Hello Larry,
Yes, its the PWE switch, but having that switched on doesn't stop the axes from being able to be moved, or for the Reference Return procedure being executed. It raises a p/s100 alarm, which is simply a warning that the PWE is on.

Regards,

Bill

Another thought:

The pos display counts when jogging away from the home limits, correct? Have you verified with an indicator that the turret is not moving?

Before the axes are homed on my 1980 6TB and 1982 6MB, the jog rate defaults to extremely slow.

If the turret is indeed not moving I concur with the otheres, it is in a machine lock condition.

There is yes, parameter set enable switch. Checked it.

No touch off, machine was making parts earlier this year according to previous owner. Sold because machine WAS stuck on "not ready" screen. That problem was traced to bad connection on the CNB11 connector not fully seated to the relay board.
Any chance you could check the input devices on the "SET" screen?? I know the previous owner was not running the machine from the controller. He claims he was DNC when in use. It is currently set to
Input device 1: 1 (0=Tape/1=RMT) (What is RMT?)
Input device 2: 1 (1=RS232) (no other choices)

Just for an experience reference, I dealt with a Dynapath many years ago in which "all systems were go", yet it refused to home out. 2 experienced guys with the Dyna looked at it and could not figure it out. It took me a couple good nights of thinking to solve this. The feed rate override switch was not working right.

I mention this because just because you see a switch set in a certain position does NOT mean it is working properly. If you can easily get to an I/O screen, that usually helps troubleshoot switches. I used to do this with Haas machines to test their junk switches. What the I or O means is irrelevant, you are just looking for that state change which means the control should honor it.

Check the state of the following Diagnostics

Feedhold: DGN102 bit 5 should be 1

DGN 700: all bits should be 0

DGN 701: bit 5 should be 0

DGN 712: all bits should be 0

If any of these conditions are not as noted, report back the incorrect addresses.

If any of these conditions are not as noted, report back the incorrect addresses.
In other words, check the I/O registers??? ;)

DGN0102 bit 5 = 0
all others are correct. All feed related switches show change of state in DGN screen on one Address or more.

The feedhold circuit needs to be checked and fixed.
Edit:
I have seen gyppo barfeeder interfaces use the feedhold circuit tied into the end of bar signal. Any chance that there used to be a barfeeder on the machine?

Last edited:
DGN0102 bit 5 = 0
all others are correct. All feed related switches show change of state in DGN screen on one Address or more.
My maintenance manual shows DGN0102 bit 5 as "GST" (gearshift)
Bit 3 changes with feed hold, Listed as "*SP" (cycle operation pause status)
Address 0036 bit 2 Listed as "DLK" (display lock) also changes when pressing feed hold button.

The feedhold circuit needs to be checked and fixed.
Edit:
I have seen gyppo barfeeder interfaces use the feedhold circuit tied into the end of bar signal. Any chance that there used to be a barfeeder on the machine?
My maintenance manual shows DGN0102 bit 5 as "GST" (gearshift)
Bit 3 changes with feed hold, Listed as "*SP" (cycle operation pause status)
Address 0036 bit 2 Listed as "DLK" (display lock) also changes when pressing feed hold button.
I'm not trying to argue, perhaps my manual is inaccurate? also the feed-hold button is 4 pin, so I assume one N/O and one N/C switch?

Back