What's new
What's new

Fanuc "Not 0" Control on VMC's?

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 64
  • Views 2,578
A) I guess I don't understand the issue with "Relative"?

OK, well that's prolly not 100% accurate as [I'm sure that] we all have relatives that we're not sure about, and if not, then maybe WE are that relative? :scratchchin: ... But that's another story for another day ....

What are you dooing to git the ABS screen to read Z-.08?

B) You say that the REL screen can be changed on the fly?
What / how doo you mean?

C) On your 16i, when you change it - you are staying with the last offset? Not back to Base?
(Clearing all FIX offsets)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

A) I guess I don't understand the issue with "Relative"?

OK, well that's prolly not 100% accurate as [I'm sure that] we all have relatives that we're not sure about, and if not, then maybe WE are that relative? :scratchchin: ... But that's another story for another day ....

What are you dooing to git the ABS screen to read Z-.08?

B) You say that the REL screen can be changed on the fly?
What / how doo you mean?

C) On your 16i, when you change it - you are staying with the last offset? Not back to Base?
(Clearing all FIX offsets)

---------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

A: Pretty sure it's 18 bit 5

B: I'm not sure if they changed the keystrokes on version D at all, but on all of my 0 controls, if you're on the position (relative) page (the one with big numbers), if you hit X (or Y, or Z), that letter will flash. if you hit CAN, you will clear that number to zero. It's like hitting "origin" on a 18 control.

Actually, unlike an 18, where you have to type 1 letter at a time, then hit origin for each one, on my zero controls i can type XYZ [CAN] and all 3 will clear to zero all at once.

It does nothing to affect your operation BUT it can mess with you if you're relying on the relative display for anything.

C: Yes. on my 16i If I'm using G55 and hit reset, g55 would still be active. Note that the tool length will not be active so z would "reset" to a value not considering tool length. But x and y would still be where they are relative to the part.

Reactions: Ox
Yeah, 18.5 did that.
So - I guess that issue is fixed, but of all the issues, that was likely on the very bottom wrung of concerns....

Such is life ....

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Back