What's new
What's new

Finally got a K&T 2D

Beancrock

Plastic
Good Morning Everyone,

I thought I would share my excitement. After many many years of looking I finally purchased a K&T 2D. It seems to be in good shape so far other then the air pump. I am just starting to get it cleaned up and ready to run. The serial number dates the machine to February of 1947. It only came with the 1/2" B3 collet, but I was lucky enough to find the other 7 that make up the set on Ebay.

If anyone knows of any attachments that are available I would love to to have them. I am particularly interested in the cherrying attachment.

Thanks,

Jon
20220806_171739.jpg

Hello from hot Louisiana....I have a 1942 2d that was originally for B3 collets and somewhere along the line the spindle was opened up to R8... My machine has also been converted to single phase 240v having had all five motors changed....You were indeed lucky to find the other B3 collets as they are scarce has hen's teeth ....Your machine has manual lift to the knee like mine and that was a major complaint before power was added for knee lift....I once found a new cherrying attachment on Ebay for 35 dollars and a rotab drive bracket new for five dollars, but those days are long gone...Here is a vid of the machine that I got many years ago from an old K&T employee.. Many thanks to Ed for hosting:

Find info here that I and others have posted: http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=2098&tab=3

Be safe and enjoy... Cheers from hot Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)

Hello from hot Louisiana....I have a 1942 2d that was originally for B3 collets and somewhere along the line the spindle was opened up to R8... My machine has also been converted to single phase 240v having had all five motors changed....You were indeed lucky to find the other B3 collets as they are scarce has hen's teeth ....Your machine has manual lift to the knee like mine and that was a major complaint before power was added for knee lift....I once found a new cherrying attachment on Ebay for 35 dollars and a rotab drive bracket new for five dollars, but those days are long gone...Here is a vid of the machine that I got many years ago from an old K&T employee.. Many thanks to Ed for hosting:

Find info here that I and others have posted: http://vintagemachinery.org/mfgindex/detail.aspx?id=2098&tab=3

Be safe and enjoy... Cheers from hot Louisiana; Ramsay 1:)
All clever stuff. I only ever came across two of those machines in the UK. Neither of them were being used at the time. CNC machines had taken over their role.

Regards Tyrone.

Back