What's new
What's new

First Covid 19 Vaccination Shot Today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got a new favourite......local millenial is contact traced from an outbreak,told to quarantine and be tested,he knows he has the virus,so the jerk throws a party for 25 of his friends ,just so he wont be spending 14 days alone...might be doing some slammer time later on.

it's not just millenials. I see in the news here some of my generation being that stupid (63). some of the people here are that stupid. They won't wear masks because its their right not to. But the mask is so you don't spread it to others if you are asymptomatic.. But these days IT'S ALL ABOUT ME in peoples minds. They are more imporotant than everyone else... go ask termite.

Nothing special, biologically speaking, about the woods.
Except the pharmacy is out of the possible sources of medicines

Sure but you've got all your home-spun remedies - as mentioned before, what do you do when the red steaks start running up your arm?

Or what do you do when your kid has scarlet fever, or whooping cough?

There's a reason those old graveyards have lots of those tiny gravestones. There are two things only that account for modern longevity. Neither of them involve iodine.

As good a reason to also keep your Tetanus inoculations up to date. A Tetanus infection can start from a cut by almost anything, not just a rusty nail.

Tetanus doen't cause the red streaks up your arm. Other symptoms, but not that. Sure that some anti-vaxxer is go on and on about how a tetanus vaccine is horrible for you and you just need to eat zinc or iodine or vitamine C or vitamine D or whatever and you won't need that vaccine.

Favorite story: my daughter's friend exclaimed "I JUST TOUCHED RUST, I'M GONNA GET TETANUS AND DIE!!"

Sure but you've got all your home-spun remedies - as mentioned before, what do you do when the red steaks start running up your arm?

Or what do you do when your kid has scarlet fever, or whooping cough?

There's a reason those old graveyards have lots of those tiny gravestones. There are two things only that account for modern longevity. Neither of them involve iodine.

When I think I need a doctor I go see the doctor. When I seem healthy I do the things that I think will keep me healthy.
If someone said don't walk on that board because it is cracked I would consider that advice.

I think beets are a healthy food so I occasionally eat them (also I like them).
I think rattlesnakes are dangerous so I never pet them.

I have studied thyroid function and its use of iodine..so I try to keep my iodine level normal, not deficient or excess.

I think hot dogs can be near all fat so even that I like them, I don't eat them very often

I don't have to ask my doctor about hot dogs.

This seems like a foolish argument...

If some ignorant prick gave me covid that way, I'd hunt him down and bash his brains in with a brick.

My brothers Father in Law died recently of Covid.

One of his co-workers tested positive for Covid on a Monday, came to work knowing they had Covid, by the Wednesday she had infected several people including my Brothers Father in Law, Friday he went into the ICU, by the following Monday he was dead.

There is no dought in my mind that my Sister in Law isn't planning some sort of retribution. The place and time TBD.

QT: [in the netherlands the salt used by bakeries has a higher iodine content than the normal iodine salt one buys in the grocery.
by just eating a couple of slices of bread a day the iodine need is fullfilled.}

That is great, here in the USA we may not be adding that much because my friend who is a nutritionist said that ingesting enough iodine from our salt would be a high amount of salt. so bringing up another problem.

Guess we should get off iodine even though I believe, and have read it helps to make the T cell that ward off diseases and maintain good health.

I just found out today that my friend Mike has covid. No, I have been in mask-less contact with him.
He had a kidney transplant a few years and is on anti-rejection medications and he is overweight.. hope he survives.

it's not just millenials. I see in the news here some of my generation being that stupid (63). some of the people here are that stupid. They won't wear masks because its their right not to. But the mask is so you don't spread it to others if you are asymptomatic.. But these days IT'S ALL ABOUT ME in peoples minds. They are more imporotant than everyone else... go ask termite.[/QUOTE

“ They are more imporotant than everyone else... go ask termite.”

This is “ imporotant” too. :)

I just have to mention my observation and understand you are by no means the only one who does this , but when you chime in like this (termite this and that) you are being rather underhanded and petty. You join in on drive by shootings basically following the leader so to speak.

You guys like to pile on. No one directly wish to get entangled in this annoyance and Donnie instigates what we see in this section as he leaves the scene of the crime and makes a road show out of it. We did not invite the constant sniping. Straight up.

I am surprised it is ignored so consistently really.

Have you noticed that it has little and no positive effect? He defends himself and stands up pretty well. He is not the only colorful personality here on PM. By extension in the real world we most often will work fine with such persons because we get to learn how we all can fit in.

Tetanus doen't cause the red streaks up your arm. Other symptoms, but not that. Sure that some anti-vaxxer is go on and on about how a tetanus vaccine is horrible for you and you just need to eat zinc or iodine or vitamine C or vitamine D or whatever and you won't need that vaccine.

Favorite story: my daughter's friend exclaimed "I JUST TOUCHED RUST, I'M GONNA GET TETANUS AND DIE!!"

My mom was in a hospital based RN program in the 1940's. In some biology class they had to collect some dirt sample and grow it out and then identify any bacteria present.

So, she goes down to the basement of the hospital, reaches the top of a door casing and collects some dust for her sample. It grew out the tetanus bacteria. The instructor was rightfully concerned, particularly when she told him she'd collected it in the hospital. He goes to the hospital administrator who naturally claimed it was either an error or a hoax, and then demands my mom show him where she'd collected the sample.

Maintenance is called to bring a stepladder so the top of the door casing could be examined. Sure enough, lots of dust and one single finger swipe present. They collect a few additional samples to be grown out by the instructor with the administrator still claiming mom's sample had to be contaminated from some other source. Sure enough, every damn sample grew tetanus.

She was told to not mention it to anyone for fear of causing a panic, but she said for the next month everywhere she went in the hospital there were people scrubbing everything in sight.

This thread is pretty pointless and dumb.
All this hot headed vehemence.
For what???
You can call me stupid.
You can call ne ignorant, deluded, assinine, uninformed, selfish, myopic, naive, deplorable, criminal. Tell me I'm bad, negligent, malicious and just an all-round jackass if you want.
You guys can curse my mother and father, my children to the 10th generation and my friends.
You can Denounce me.
You can discuss this topic till you are blue in the face and tear your hair out.
Act like an internet tough guy ala Mr. Goldstein and make threats or plan retribution for sully what-if scenarios.
But through it all remember this:
You are striving after wind.
You are not going to change my mind. You are not going to make think like you or act like you. And short of the point of a gun you are not going to make me get the vaccine.
This is still America.
I and people like me still have a choice - just as you proponents of the shot have a choice.
So how bout you accept a little diversity of thought and try to get used to it?
Your blood pressure will lower and you'll be able to talk about happier stuff like machining.

Never said it did.
...as good a reason to....

If some ignorant prick gave me covid that way, I'd hunt him down and bash his brains in with a brick.

Feel free to start with Andrew Cuomo who sent hundreds of sick people who tested positive back into nursing homes to spread the China Flu to others.

You are not going to change my mind. You are not going to make think like you or act like you.
......So how bout you accept a little diversity of thought and try to get used to it?
Your blood pressure will lower and you'll be able to talk about happier stuff like machining

While opposite side the fence on this if taking a shot here I see real sense and sensibility.
Bob

It's not my business to tell everyone everywhere else on the planet what to do or how to behave..

now that is a new one.
i seem to remember you calling all those governments that did not act like your divine leader did, all kinds of names.
to me that counts as telling them what to do and how to behave.
stating it is not your business but then doing it within the very next sentence.
like in: learn to mind your own business?
besides, it is my business because i make it my business.
people in concentration camps are everyone's business.

besides, it is my business because i make it my business.
Oh goody, another imperialist. Just what the world needs. White man's burden and all that, wot ?

Only thing is, there's a hell of a lot more Chinese than Dutch. By rights, they should be telling you what to do and how to behave. That never occurred to you, I'm sure ....

people in concentration camps are everyone's business.
Hook line and sinker for a bunch of CIA crap.

Look up
Look down
Look at my thumb.
Gee, you're dumb.

Luckily, most Dutch people seem to be intelligent ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back