What's new
What's new

Flap wheel price

---my address is Bill Jones 3294 Meadow Wood Way----Taylorsville Utah 84129-2815
---my phone is 801 -969-3807---anytime after 9:30 am or before 3:30 pm MST mountain standard time

Last edited:
I've never had a problem with Western tool before , though I always will call in Carson City .
Hell ya think these prices are high , I just got home from a gun sho in Reno , those prices are drinkin the kool-aid high . Mi Carbine ammo .99 a round .
animal

I bought a lot of tools from Wholesale Tool in the 1970's and 1980's, some in person at their Warren, MI store. That and other tool stores made for pleasant day trips to Warren. WT always had good prices and even better quantity discounts when you bought a bunch at one time.

Around 1978, on a trip to England, I visited Tracy Tools and met the owners, Tracy's mom and gran. It turned out they were friends of the owner of WT and he had brought over a door for their Cadillac car in his baggage when the door proved difficult to get in England. Small world, the tool business.

Larry

I routinely use the 4" flap disks. These come in different thicknesses. The description in the above link shows them to be pretty cheap, but the thickness is 'Reg' or regular I guess. That means they're probably the crummy ones that only last a few minutes.
Always order the "Jumbo", they're thicker!

I bought a lot of tools from Wholesale Tool in the 1970's and 1980's, some in person at their Warren, MI store. That and other tool stores made for pleasant day trips to Warren. WT always had good prices and even better quantity discounts when you bought a bunch at one time.

Around 1978, on a trip to England, I visited Tracy Tools and met the owners, Tracy's mom and gran. It turned out they were friends of the owner of WT and he had brought over a door for their Cadillac car in his baggage when the door proved difficult to get in England. Small world, the tool business.

Larry
I still buy from them. Been trading at their store in Tulsa for many years. Aside from convenience, it gives me a chance to grab a Carl's Junior when in the big town.

Their stuff is pretty good. My small mill, and lathe, came from there. As well as a ton of tooling.

The lathe had bad spindle bearings when I bought it. I rebuilt the headstock, and they covered the cost of the new P5 bearings.

Good people to deal with.

Klingspor
Don't waste your time buying something else.
Years ago we bought 15 plus different wheels and did testing, real testing.
Klingspor while not the cheapest outperformed and lasted all others.
We used to buy cheap wheels, were actually using more with less production.....

Klingspor
Don't waste your time buying something else.
Years ago we bought 15 plus different wheels and did testing, real testing.
Klingspor while not the cheapest outperformed and lasted all others.
We used to buy cheap wheels, were actually using more with less production.....
I use Klingspor 6x48 belts and 24" discs, they don't last as long as they used to.

Back