What's new
What's new

For sale Clausing floor model drill press

michiganbuck

Diamond
For sale, Clausing floor model 1644 drill press $200 for a quick sale, 3/4 hp 2 speed, has Clausing air cylinder power feed.
3/4 Hp 2 speed 1725&1425 RPM 220-440 3phase haven't tried the motor or air feed, it is manual feed also. I have had this machine for years but never hooked it up because my son" shop does not have a 3 phases..
Could use paint but isn't bad looking, looks like a 3/4 Jacobs cuck that feels good turning, this model usually sells for $500 to $800+.
Here is one all cleaned up, lacking the air power feed. It is heavy so bring a heavy Dolley or some lifting device with a truck or trailer.
Zip code 48089 just north of Detroit east side M-97 and 11 mile rd.
like this one, but with having the power fee cylinder on top.

Last edited:
No interest in this drill press so I posted it on Detroit Craigs list.
If worst comes to worst I will likely sell it to Expert Machine on Grosebeck, they will paint it and sell it likely for $600+ or so.

I have someone interested in this. Do you have any pictures? Also, He would be up in Detroit in early June and could pick up then. He is open to paying you to hold it also.

Do you think this would be able to be muscled into the bed of a pickup? I don't have a trailer or any kind of powered lifting equipment. Located in Toledo.

Do you think this would be able to be muscled into the bed of a pickup? I don't have a trailer or any kind of powered lifting equipment. Located in Toledo.
I moved a similar sized Powermatic in a truck bed. It was surprisingly easy. If you get the table just above the height of the tailgate and lock it, you can use it as a fulcrum and tip it right in. Just remove the handles and anything else that might get damaged first.

I moved a similar sized Powermatic in a truck bed. It was surprisingly easy. If you get the table just above the height of the tailgate and lock it, you can use it as a fulcrum and tip it right in. Just remove the handles and anything else that might get damaged first.
Lay an old car tire in the truck and drop the head on it to give some padding is also a good idea.
Or strap the tire to the head so you dont miss the target....

I guess with pulling the power feed cylinder off the top it should go into a pick up.
likely many users would pull the feed cylinder.
$100 bucks takes it, I figure about 78 miles to Toledo.
I will look up the weight
I'm out of town for a few more days,
We can exchange phone numbers and emails with a private message

*Private message sent
You would come up I-75 to 696, 696 about 5 miles east to M-97, and just a few blocks from there.
Cross your fingers passing the Fermi..likely it wont blow up,
Here is one all duded up with fresh paint

Last edited:
Golly, that drill in my location would probably be 1500$
I have the same one without the air cylinder paid 1500$

I didn't know power down feed was an option......
I wonder what the parts cost

Can you post a picture of the down feed mechanism?

The air cylinder power feed alone is likely worth 100 bucks.
It comes off easy some one not needing it might just take it off and sell it.
There is a photo on Detroit craigslist, but the photo only shows the base of the Clausing power feed.. I know it needs a can of gray paint. first 100 takes it.

Last edited:

Back