What's new
What's new

For Sale South Bend Heavy 10L

garyphansen

Titanium
I lost track of my friend Don Flaska for a while. He wasn't home and didn't answer his phone. Turns out he was in the hospital for a few weeks with cancer. I caught up with him today and he said than he will never use his lathe again because he can't see good enough any more. I told him I would help him sell it so here is the details. It is in good shape and the buyer could see it run and test it out. It currently has a three phase motor. comes with a three jaw chuck, a 4 jaw Skinner chuck, and a 6 jaw Buck chuck. It has a Phase II tool post and assorted tool holders and assorted tooling. It has a thread dial. It is located about 10 miles from Traverse City, MI on the south end of Lake Leelanau. Looking for $3500 or best offer. He also has a 3 phase PowerMatic drill press that will go for $1000. Who ever buys them will need to load them. They are in a garage close to the garage door. I have photos I could text to you.

Okay, doesn't seem to be any interest at $3500 so lets drop the price to $2500 or best offer. There is a lot of tooling with it. You can call me at 231 946 6832.

I just moved and my shop is not ready yet for a new lathe, otherwise I'd be interested. Not many decent lathes in western Wisconsin.

I know some metal guys up there. would want to see some pics before I send 'em over....and the 10L was made for what, 60 years and changed quite a bit over that time, so we don't even know what the thing really is with that description let alone condition.

It is a WWII era with I believe a 4' bed and a single lever gear box. I can text a photo if anyone is interested. 231-946-6832 leave a message.
Don't let the single-lever gearbox stop you.
It has exactly the same range and positions as the standard double lever box.
Some say it's actually more rugged.
Steve

Back