What's new
What's new

for sale; two 2 1/4"-8tpi thread mount 4jaw chucks, a Skinner/SB 6" and a Logan branded 8"

cyanidekid

Titanium
for sale are; one Skinner- South Bend branded 6" 4 jaw independent chuck with integral 2 1/4"-8TPI thread mount.
this chuck is in excellent condition "functionally", with some cosmetic dings and shelf-storage marks. it's clearly very low hours. original grind showing on most surfaces, jaw tips sharp and damage free. a nice clean stout chuck.

second is a Logan branded 8", also 2 1/4"-8 thread mount. this has a little wear and some dings on the jaws, and the usual dings and such from handling, but its still in good to very good condition with tight (but free running) jaws.

I have disassembled and thoroughly cleaned these, before some light use on the SB 10L (which I am also selling). just pulled the jaws and cleaned them up as well. post and DM with interest, 200 each plus shipping (USPS flat rate). PayPal or Zelle. thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image0-2.jpeg
    image0-2.jpeg
    146.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3956.jpg
    IMG_3956.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 71
  • image1-2.jpeg
    image1-2.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 66
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 62
  • image2-2.jpeg
    image2-2.jpeg
    109.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    102.2 KB · Views: 62
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    124.9 KB · Views: 69
even though those photos are only "medium" resolution, I'm thinking they are the best pics of a lathe chuck for sale I've seen.
anyone disagree? also, if anyone is interested I can upload higher res ones now with the expanded bandwidth here, just let me know.

for sale are; one Skinner- South Bend branded 6" 4 jaw independent chuck with integral 2 1/4"-8TPI thread mount.
this chuck is in excellent condition "functionally", with some cosmetic dings and shelf-storage marks. it's clearly very low hours. original grind showing on most surfaces, jaw tips sharp and damage free. a nice clean stout chuck.

second is a Logan branded 8", also 2 1/4"-8 thread mount. this has a little wear and some dings on the jaws, and the usual dings and such from handling, but its still in good to very good condition with tight (but free running) jaws.

I have disassembled and thoroughly cleaned these, before some light use on the SB 10L (which I am also selling). just pulled the jaws and cleaned them up as well. post and DM with interest, 200 each plus shipping (USPS flat rate). PayPal or Zelle. thanks for looking.
What are the four socket head screws for on the Skinner? I am interested in finding a nice 6" 4 jaw for my D1-4 lathe. I know you said integral mount, but I was wondering if there was a chance that it was a removable plate.

Mike

Last edited:
you are right, it looked integral, but its not really. its been a while since I had them apart, and there is a partial "shadow line" that looked like the front came off, but it doesn't. both chucks in fact have removable adapters for the thread mount.

you are right, it looked integral, but its not really. its been a while since I had them apart, and there is a partial "shadow line" that looked like the front came off, but it doesn't. both chucks in fact have removable adapters for the thread mount.
Good, glad I asked. I'll take the Skinner. I'll PM you.

Mike

I have that exact model of Logan 8" chuck. Paid the same price for it used a couple years ago. But yours seems to be in a bit better shape and definitely cleaner than mine was. It's a good size chuck for my 12-3/4" heavy 10 and would be good on a 13. It works well for me. Mine gets some regular use because the 6" 3-jaw that was probably original, usually has 7 - 8 thou runout.

Chuck arrived today. Most excellent packing job. A small crate is a USPS flat rate box. You should patent that!

Thanks for the deal!

Mike

ha! I was just wondering if you got it yet. I have to give credit where its due, the basic parts for that "crate" came from Lazz when I bought a chuck from him (I think? it was a few years ago now..) . I did improve on it a bit though.. ;)

ok, now someone must want that Logan, it's a smokin' good deal..!

How much for the South Bend 6 inch? Thanks

the 6" South Bend/Skinner is sold. the 8 Logan is still available. price 200 plus shipping, as above. you won't find a cleaner chuck!
less dings yes, but not cleaner short of clean room certified.

Chuck arrived. Defensive packing, (i.e. plywood inside box) which probably paid off since USPS tried there best but it all made it. Thanks!

Back