What's new
What's new

Forcing 4+1 to post.

Moseshattori

Plastic
Hello all and happy Saturday. I’m fairly new to Mastercam, but have a decent amount of experience with other cad/cam software.

Our shop recently got a five axis machine and Mastercam has generated some beautiful toolpaths.

I’m currently fighting an issue with full 5 axis simultaneous motion though. Our machine will be capable of such movements after a bit more red tape and a simple upgrade but currently is a 4+1. We would still like to use it in the time between the upgrade though.

In my simulations (simulating using my external post) the tilt axis acts the way it should, moving independently, but when I post the g-code I get a ton of 5 axis simultaneous movement and the machine alarms out.

Is there any way to correct this issue in Mastercam, or will it have to be fixed in the post processor?

Thank you in advance.

Will when I get to work tomorrow I should be able to grab it, should I share the Mastercam file with my toolpaths, or the program it posts, or both?

Will when I get to work tomorrow I should be able to grab it, should I share the Mastercam file with my toolpaths, or the program it posts, or both?
Just the Mastercam file should be good enough. Might be best if you create a Z2G file.

Well the boss man is pretty convinced that sharing a file here would somehow violate his user agreement with mpostability. So I’m likely on my own.

Greatly appreciate everyone’s willingness to help, this site has always had an amazing amount of information and I am grateful to all those who take time out of their days to share that information here.

I’ll post the Mastercam file here if he changes his mind.

Well the boss man is pretty convinced that sharing a file here would somehow violate his user agreement with mpostability. So I’m likely on my own.

Greatly appreciate everyone’s willingness to help, this site has always had an amazing amount of information and I am grateful to all those who take time out of their days to share that information here.

I’ll post the Mastercam file here if he changes his mind.
If you just share the mastercam file and not the post, then we could at least see if your settings are the issue.

I’ll upload pictures of the toolpath parameters when I can get them onto a pc, that’s prolly the best I can do for the moment. I’m working on getting the ok to share the ziptogo file though.

The real confusing part to me is that a 3+2 automatic roughing operation is posting full five axis simultaneous moves. I would imagine just based on the name of the toolpath it wouldn’t post anything that wasn’t tilt/rotate to fixed positions.

I’ll upload pictures of the toolpath parameters when I can get them onto a pc, that’s prolly the best I can do for the moment. I’m working on getting the ok to share the ziptogo file though.

The real confusing part to me is that a 3+2 automatic roughing operation is posting full five axis simultaneous moves. I would imagine just based on

If you just share the mastercam file and not the post, then we could at least see if your settings are the issue.
I'm still working on getting approval to post the file. If it helps to determine what I'm doing wrong, the 5 axis movements are mostly these big hook/swoop moves, its like the spindle is trying to follow the A and C axis during retracts as the part repositions between cuts. I also have a discussion opened with mastercam and Mpostability. If there are and toolpath parameters i could take a photo of that you believe would help determine my issue i can just post those from my phone.

its like the spindle is trying to follow the A and C axis during retracts as the part repositions between cuts.
That's in the linking parameters. Sounds like it's set to "clearance blend spline" for large gaps.
If that's causing an alarm, change that to "retract to clearance plane"

Back