What's new
What's new

Forging stainless?

Mr Steel

Plastic
Hello I am doing the costing of starting a medium sized factory that makes small-medium sized stainless parts. I would like to ask if anyone here knows what equipment is needed to perform die forging on stainless and if it is viable for a medium sized factory?

The parts I wish to forge would be from 10-30mm thick and not exceed 300x100x100mm.

Hello I am doing the costing of starting a medium sized factory that makes small-medium sized stainless parts. I would like to ask if anyone here knows what equipment is needed to perform die forging on stainless and if it is viable for a medium sized factory?

The parts I wish to forge would be from 10-30mm thick and not exceed 300x100x100mm.
Where? Serving what industry?

What region of what country? It matters.

Please update your location information.
I have yet to buy a facility, I am still doing research, but I am currently thinking of either Voronezh or Penza, both in the Russian Federation, assuming things calm down ofcourse.

Ahh. Voronezh is uncomfortably close to trouble. Ukraine is and will continue to be backed fully by the West, despite all the internal squabbling. So things won't calm down anytime soon. But this is controlled by governments, and not by us.

So it may be difficult to import any tools from the West for some time, perhaps decades, but there are many tools already in Russia. And there are people on PM who will know what way is best.

Back