What's new

Forum "Run-On" Load Time?

• Thread starter Ox
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 1,140

Ox

Diamond
Has anyone else been experiencing never ending page laods?

I have been having that issue on my PC, but not my notebook.

I mentioned it to the home office on Tuesday/Wednesday, and I was out yesterdee.
This morning it seemed fine, but now it is back to run-on.
This site only.

Anyone else experiencing this?

-------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Has anyone else been experiencing never ending page laods?
Yes for the last few days.
Although it did fix itself for a hot second earlier today but now it's back to constant loading.
I just hit the X to stop it from loading forever.

Reactions: Ox
I've noticed it off and on for a week or so. It currently been "loading" for about 7 hours.

Hit and miss here. Internet connection is fucked up. Will suddenly drop to 1kbps long enough for Firefox to tell me "this page is slowing Firefox down, please close it". Then it will jump up to the max(oh joy!) of 1.3mbps.

Browsing on phone, LTE, Safari, page never loads correctly. Never 100%, photo-heavy threads don’t load images.

One of Canaderp’s premier wireless oligarchs, bill paid up to date…

Site probably pinging the mothership for adrape.

I told the powers that be that the problem is persisting and that giving folks a noteable reason to employ an ad-blocker would seem counter productive to the business of the site.

I was told just now that they are looking into it [with a bit more seriousness.]

--------------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Still doing it today

Quick and dirty for this one problem : find your "hosts" file. Add "spaces.reposerve.com" as 127.0.0.1

That will redirect that address to localhost and bounce it right back. Figuring this out the first time is maybe a bit shaky if you are not a computer mechanic but it's a trick worth knowing, works on almost any computer and short-circuits any attempt by software to go places you don't want.

I have fonts.google.com in mine, saves a ton of time loading sites. Plus it keeps their stupidass fonts out of my sight :D

Quick and dirty for this one problem : find your "hosts" file. Add "spaces.reposerve.com" as 127.0.0.1

That will redirect that address to localhost and bounce it right back. Figuring this out the first time is maybe a bit shaky if you are not a computer mechanic but it's a trick worth knowing, works on almost any computer and short-circuits any attempt by software to go places you don't want.

I have fonts.google.com in mine, saves a ton of time loading sites. Plus it keeps their stupidass fonts out of my sight :D
It looks like english, and I can read it, but you might as well be talking to me in chinese:o

Edit: And its still doing it, is the computer tech for the site as lost as I am:D

Back